Lawton, OK Listeners?

Status
Not open for further replies.

N5TWB

Just in case the OP is referring to the amateur radio DMR network in Lawton, here are the details on that repeater:

Callsign: N5PLV
Frequency: 443.60000
Offset: +5.000
ColorCode: 4

nd5y

I found that last year and submitted the change. What they did was take two frequencies (or maybe more) from their Type II system and made them DMR.

What are you trying to receive it with? Are you hearing anything at all on those frequencies in analog mode? Do they still make data bursts once a minute?
The LCN order could be wrong or other changes made by now. I haven't kept up with it. I have only heard that system at night or early morning when there was nobody using it. Next time there is a good band opening I'll have to try to figure it out further.

It would be nice if somebody in Lawton was interested in identifying and submitting all the unknown Fort Sill and OKWIN talkgroups.
U.S. Army: Fort Sill Unknown Talkgroups - The RadioReference Wiki
Oklahoma Wireless Information Network (OKWIN) - Unconfirmed or Unidentified Talkgroups by Site - The RadioReference Wiki
and the uconfirmed conventional frequencies at Fort Sill http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Fort_Sill_Comanche_County_(OK).

snerd

Listening.....
Thanks, guys. I'm using the BCD436hp. It's all new to me and I'm having a little trouble grasping it all. I've managed to create 3 FL's, though, with local police & fire, city gov and then highway patrol. Listening last night live as the Cache police chief got shot! She was crazy cool though it all!

Yes, I was wanting to know about the LC's DMR freq's. While searching one night, it stopped with CAP at the bottom, a color code and slot number. No audio or anything heard. I just didn't know what to do with it.

I will be glad to help with identifying anything I can. Just give me general directions to get me started!

Oh yeah, I have listened to the amateur radio DMR down here! Sounds really nice!

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
Go to the top click on database go down to Search Identified Frequencies on the right hand side click on choose system type go down to DMR click Next enter the frequency look for what is near you look them up and find the rest of the DMR trunking frequencies then Find the LNC enter in your scanner and you are ready to go.

snerd

Listening.....
The programming of the unit is what's killing me. Like the info on the DMR repeater above. As far as I can tell, if I wanted to add it in Sentinel, I create a FL, then a system, then a department, then a channel?! I'm really confused on how to add stuff, either on the unit or in the software.

nd5y

I haven't used a 436 so I can't tell you how to program it or add stuff that isn't in the RRDB.

As far as listening to Lawton Communications, first you have to find how exactly how many DMR channels they have. The original analog system had:

Two frequencies that I know of
Are now DMR. There could be more. They may be gradually moving the whole system to DMR. I don't know.

You may wan to scan all of the frequencies conventionally to figure out which are currently used for DMR and which are part of the analog trunked system.

Status
Not open for further replies.