DMR Prelease 2 with Sentinel

Status
Not open for further replies.

captaincraig44

Premium Subscriber
Since this was not noted in the changelog and I posted it right before RC1 thread was closed, I ran the LCN finder three times on the Delta Airlines system in ATL and each time, I got different LCN's for each frequency. I have the color code assigned. Has anyone else run the LCN multiple times with this kind of result?

I'm running it again with RC2 to see what I get.

Happy 4th and thanks UPMan and the Uniden team!

AlphaFive

Thanks

Thanks to these updates, you've managed to turn a ham fisted, keyboard pounding primate, who could barely handle a Windows update, into someone that it only took about four updates to get the hang of this. Thanks Much, the last two I did with no hang ups,,, It's amazing what a person can learn if they want to learn.

KA2ZEY

Hey what's the password? I can't find the password!! Does anyone here know Windows XP?? Is there a final release yet??

Sorry, bad joke. Looking forward to using Sentinel with this update. Happy 4th!!

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Just noticed something missing from the release notes. This also addresses the Motorola Patch bug recently discussed in other threads.

EDIT: Oh, I can't read my own typing. Ignore. :)

KC1UA

Scan New England Janitor/Maintenance
Database Admin
Thanks Paul, and thanks to my friend Jeff at Hamstation I now have a BCD436HP to compare side by side with the Whistler TRX-1 I have.

Once I confirm that my programming is accurate I hope to provide some side by side comparisons. Right now I'm possibly goofing up one, the other, or both. :D

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Updates completed. Sentinel updated, scanner read to Sentinel, all DMR programming showing. Thanks again Paul....wanted to add this before the bit**ing begins...lol!

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
Thanks Paul and your team for the hard work. Next time your in Dallas i owe you a steak and a beer.

jdolina

Premium Subscriber
Looks good and much easier entering frequencies from sentinel. Also my Con+ systems are tracking well side by side with DSD+

captaincraig44

Premium Subscriber
The LCN finder just finished again, and there is yet another, seemingly completely random set of LCNs assigned to the freqs. None of them correspond to previous runs. Not sure if RAS has something to do with this or not.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
Looks like some fine tuning may have been done. With the previous few releases i was unable to monitor the pdvWireless Site 60 Dallas in my office in NE Dallas. (worked great at home closer to DownTown) However with this release i am now able to monitor the system. Scanner is in the same spot with RS 800 antenna. So no changes on my end.

W5JCK

Nice to have Sentinel working for adding/editing DMR. I just added 666 UIDs to a DMR ham radio system to cover all the current DMR-MARC UIDs for the state of Texas. However, I wish they would add some better, and basic to most programming software for radios I might add, editing features. To add 666 UIDs I first had to click the Plus Sign 666 times, then select exactly 666 of the new UID lines, then paste them in from a spreadsheet via the Windows Clipboard. I wanted to add all the DMR UIDs for the whole USA, but clicking the Plus Sign over 16,000 times is way more than I want to do today. Arthritis would prevent that I'm sure, or at least make me pay heavily for doing it. So it would be nice to have a more robust editor for adding large numbers of items and NOT have to then select the exact number of lines to match the exact number of items on the clipboard. At the very least make the Plus Sign capable of being held down via a long click to add multiple lines in rapid succession.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Nice to have Sentinel working for adding/editing DMR. I just added 666 UIDs to a DMR ham radio system to cover all the current DMR-MARC UIDs for the state of Texas. However, I wish they would add some better, and basic to most programming software for radios I might add, editing features. To add 666 UIDs I first had to click the Plus Sign 666 times, then select exactly 666 of the new UID lines, then paste them in from a spreadsheet via the Windows Clipboard. I wanted to add all the DMR UIDs for the whole USA, but clicking the Plus Sign over 16,000 times is way more than I want to do today. Arthritis would prevent that I'm sure, or at least make me pay heavily for doing it. So it would be nice to have a more robust editor for adding large numbers of items and NOT have to then select the exact number of lines to match the exact number of items on the clipboard. At the very least make the Plus Sign capable of being held down via a long click to add multiple lines in rapid succession.

Click the plus once, copy that into the spreadsheet; copy the line in the spreadsheet as many times as you need to. When copying the data out of the spreadsheet into the FL, mark and copy the data in the spreadsheet, then in the FL, click in the first blank cell (of the line you created by clicking the plus sign), then paste. The rows will expand as necessary without you having to "click plus over 16,000 times".

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
To add 666 UIDs I first had to click the Plus Sign 666 times, then select exactly 666 of the new UID lines, then paste them in from a spreadsheet via the Windows Clipboard. I wanted to add all the DMR UIDs for the whole USA, but clicking the Plus Sign over 16,000 times is way more than I want to do today.

Why are you doing that? Just have your id's copied from excel, with the following format , description, then id. Then paste in the first entry.

W2SJW

Database Admin
+1 on this. I do the same when adding the updated UID data from nosoup4u on the NJSP & NJICS radios.

Sent from my Galaxy S6 via Tapatalk 5

W5JCK

Click the plus once, copy that into the spreadsheet; copy the line in the spreadsheet as many times as you need to. When copying the data out of the spreadsheet into the FL, mark and copy the data in the spreadsheet, then in the FL, click in the first blank cell (of the line you created by clicking the plus sign), then paste. The rows will expand as necessary without you having to "click plus over 16,000 times".

Okay, that seems to work, though totally unintuitive. I was selecting the number field which selects the entire line, which does make sense to copy there rather than try to copy thousands of lines into a single field. BTW, you have to make sure the single field is in blued highlight, else it won't work. I guess you have to know the secret handshakes to do what other programs do more intuitively.

I still don't see why there isn't a simple export to CSV and import to CSV feature. Again, like almost every other radio programming software has. Even the Chinenglish radio software tends to have that function.

Status
Not open for further replies.