Knowledgeable contact needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samyham

I've lived in the East Valley for over 40 years and got my tech license about 2 years ago. I'm working on my general. I don't have much experience with radios and got interested in them because my experience has been that comms is a very important part of preparedness.

I would like to meet and learn from any similar minded person or persons that has/have alot of experience with radios to help me identify and show me how to set up the necessary channels in my UV-82c baofeng chirp file. As you can imagine I have a ton of questions.

Also, secondarily, I can't afford an HF rig right now but I would like to learn more about what to shoot for down the road.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Weaksignal

Try a google search for a ham club in your area... Knowledgeable help may await you.

Register (if not already registered) at Callsign Database by QRZ.COM and then type the name of your location in the upper left "enter query"window, but change "by callsign" to "by name/address" and hit search. Some ham(s) in your area should be displayed.

On the lighter side... I live in the east valley of my town as well... Maybe we're neighbors.

FLANO

AZ DB Administrator
Database Admin
I have an 82c. I use the Chirp software to program as well as manually program.

If it is just a question of setting up the Chirp file so that you can load up your radio with the appropriate repeaters, I may be able to help.

However, I live in the Tucson area. If you are not able to find someone local, send me a PM here on RR.

Hopefully, someone more local can help you :)

Samyham

Getting warmer!

Thanks also. I think someone from the East Valley that is into preparedness would be ideal. I may check in with some of the radio clubs in Mesa.

Status
Not open for further replies.