Freq. for DWI road blocks, Rochester NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

scott123

Wondering what frequency for DWI details might be for Rochester, NY. Thought it might be kind of interesting, on especially the 4th of July. I know I've stumbled across prostitution stakeouts in the past ... that was a blast to listen to. Anyone know? ... BTW, I'm just listening on this site, so I'm kind of limited to options.

D

DaveNF2G

Those details are most likely to be run by NYSP, so I would check 154.665 MHz, CTCSS 110.9.

For any other agency, try the car-to-car or "detail" channels.

ecps92

Based on the rules for broadcasting feeds, it is likely you are Sorry-Out-of-Luck (SOL) for hearing those, until you get a real scanner vs relying on someone elses feed :roll:
Wondering what frequency for DWI details might be for Rochester, NY. Thought it might be kind of interesting, on especially the 4th of July. I know I've stumbled across prostitution stakeouts in the past ... that was a blast to listen to. Anyone know? ... BTW, I'm just listening on this site, so I'm kind of limited to options.

Last edited:

fmulder13

I would also advise being very careful about discussing any "special detail" frequencies in open forum. LEOs, communications people, and the like, subscribe to this site, and open discussion of sensitive frequencies erodes trust in the scanner hobbyist community. Are the still in-the-clear "special detail" comms? Absolutely. Are they fun and interesting to listen to? No doubt. Should they ever be discussed publicly? Good Lord no. This is an area where scanner listeners should really pay attention to the "hoard your gems" mentality. We're all intelligent enough to use the "search" feature, whereas plenty of criminals aren't. However, these same criminals would be happy to just plug in some numbers they saw people talking about on these forums. Let's not give them that opportunity, let's not encourage LE agencies to secure their comms, and let's be very careful about scanning sensitive transmissions and discussing the same.

wheelerg

Premium Subscriber
I would also advise being very careful about discussing any "special detail" frequencies in open forum. LEOs, communications people, and the like, subscribe to this site, and open discussion of sensitive frequencies erodes trust in the scanner hobbyist community. Are the still in-the-clear "special detail" comms? Absolutely. Are they fun and interesting to listen to? No doubt. Should they ever be discussed publicly? Good Lord no. This is an area where scanner listeners should really pay attention to the "hoard your gems" mentality. We're all intelligent enough to use the "search" feature, whereas plenty of criminals aren't. However, these same criminals would be happy to just plug in some numbers they saw people talking about on these forums. Let's not give them that opportunity, let's not encourage LE agencies to secure their comms, and let's be very careful about scanning sensitive transmissions and discussing the same.

That hits the nail on the head..... Good post

Spec

Well put but aside from that the fact is there is very little communications at check points. No need as the datas are usually run via MDB/MDT. No secret "channels" folks.
:wink:

DJ11DLN

Well put but aside from that the fact is there is very little communications at check points. No need as the datas are usually run via MDB/MDT. No secret "channels" folks.
That is the way they do it here. One would stand a better chance of finding out where an active checkpoint is by listening to local Ham repeaters or CB. I agree, it would be interesting listening if they were to do it the old-fashioned way...but if I found those freqs/tgrps, I'd also keep them tucked well under my hat.

pinballwiz86

Premium Subscriber

Not for most small town local cops! In my area all DWI checkpoints are on their local dispatch channel. What is the big tip off? When name after name after name is being ran.

I remember the first time I heard that on my scanner. I was like..darn! That is a lot of people getting pulled over tonight! Holy smokes! I thought...

The next time I heard that again it finally dawned on me what it was. lol.

Also, if you want to know where the sobriety checkpoint are at, just look at the Waze app on your phone. The cops will be clearly marked. I think it's only fair if they want to detain people, for people to avoid them. I never drink then drive, so no thanks to getting stopped Jeff!

Spec

OP requested info on the NY forum for a NY area. The question was answered for that area not the rest of the nation.

DJ11DLN

OP requested info on the NY forum for a NY area. The question was answered for that area not the rest of the nation.
Thank you for pointing that out. The rest of us stand duly chastised for having offered our input to the OP.:roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.