Lake Placid Police DMR

Status
Not open for further replies.

MB

Feed Provider
They have been using Mototrbo for quite some time now. As far as i know they are not encrypted however I have never been able to hear them because I don't have a DMR scanner. Is there a program or anything that can be used to decode DMR?

Thunderknight

Premium Subscriber
They have been using Mototrbo for quite some time now. As far as i know they are not encrypted however I have never been able to hear them because I don't have a DMR scanner. Is there a program or anything that can be used to decode DMR?

There are many options these days, both software and hardware.
DSD/DSDPlus software with a tapped scanner or an SDR dongle is the least expensive way (free depending on what you already own).
There are also scanners now for DMR, both Uniden and Whistler.
Some of the DMR portables have open monitor modes, native or with a firmware mod.
If you discover or know all the parameters (TG, Color Code, Slot) you can program into a DMR portable. (With some caveats).

n4njj

Sin City Repeater Network
Oh. Okay. Yeah, I had the answer right next to the question marks... no worries! I was just confused.

Thunderknight

Premium Subscriber
That explains it :(
I was in the area this summer and I was seeing activity on my md380 with the monitor firmware, but heard nothing. It was in the clear using that radio last year when I was in town and I wondered what was going on this time.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Received the following submission today. That's a lot of talkgroups for a single frequency.

Can anyone in the area please confirm the accuracy of this list before I make changes to the database? Thanks.

Code:
159.3675 slot 1 cc 1 TG 1 Lake Placid Police (encrypted)
159.3675 slot 1 cc 3 TG 3 State police to Lake Placid Dispatch (enc)
159.3675 slot 2 cc 1 TG 1 Lake Placid EMS patched from 154.43 311 dcs
159.3675 slot 2 cc 3 TG 2 EMS patch from 155.22000 (some enc)
159.3675 slot 2 cc 3 TG 3 Essex County Sheriff (some enc)
159.3675 slot 2 cc 3 TG 4 Lake Placid DOT (some enc)

Thunderknight

Premium Subscriber
Can you even have two different color codes on the same frequency? I thought color codes were used to distinguish multiple repeaters. And if so, that would imply different frequencies if the same area of operation.

D

DaveNF2G

With multiple color codes and occasional encryption on non-police groups, I would suspect that the submission is based on bad decodes.

Status
Not open for further replies.