Allegan County

Status
Not open for further replies.

drdispatch

What's the frequency, Kenneth?
Premium Subscriber
Looks like Allegan County will be dumping its EDACS system and switching to Motorola P25; but NOT the MPSCS:

Allegan County board approves $8.3M 911 radio network - News - Holland Sentinel - Holland, MI

So $8.3 million for a new radio system which will be "compatible" with MPSCS, but it sounds like it will still be a stand-alone system. I wonder what they've got against the MPSCS? I also wonder how much it would cost to switch to MPSCS vs. building their own system from scratch....again.

(And after I went and bought the ProVoice upgrade for my 436, just so I could listen to Allegan....) :mad:

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
Last couple counties to go p25 grand traverse, midland once they announced in meetings abut going to it, it was roughly one year to actually using it.

Same reasons Huron went alone, less cost.

drdispatch

What's the frequency, Kenneth?
Premium Subscriber
Will it be full stand-alone like Downriver or county owned sites networked with MPSCS?

Sounds like it's going to be a stand-alone system, but maybe have a TG or three that can be patched to MPSCS. The article said "compatible", so whatever that means, considering that it's coming from politicians, bureaucrats, and the media.

Skud

Feed Provider
Middleville, MI-Barry County(Near G.R. & Ionia
With talking to the director of 911. Yes it will be stand alone system. they plan to have the ability to patch into the MPSCS system. They are using their existing towers and freq. I have not confirmed anything on encryption and P25 Phase I or II.
Join the state and you have their rules, where here Allegan sets their own rules on what they can do with their system.

opps2016

Don't blame them one bit, you are the administer and make your own rules instead of living by someone else's rules.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.