• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XG-75 Strange behavior receiving P25 system

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcardani

Premium Subscriber
Hi All,

I recently programmed my XG-75 Scan model for several local P25 systems. After I initially turn on the radio or change systems, it shows it receiving a call (antenna icon displays) but there's no audio and there's a beep at the end of transmission. This happens a few times with CC Scan displayed and then it works normally with audio. Is there a setting that would need to be changed to stop this behavior? Signal strength on the system per the FCC menu is around -95 DBm on my local system from inside my home.

The firmware in the radio is R02A26 and the RPM version I used to program the radio is R10B07. Radio has options for P25 control channel and Phase 2 TDMA.

And this happens with both Enhanced CC and Fixed Proscan. I'm using Fixed Proscan currently.

Otherwise when it starts scanning the audio is fantastic and clearly puts any scanner to shame in my horrible LSM environment!

Thanks!

DisasterGuy

The antenna icon will display as it affiliates (the screen should say registering). Your firmware version is very old as well.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

jcardani

Premium Subscriber
This is the table that's on the control channel:

0 851.006250 step 0.006250 offset -45.00
1 762.006250 step 0.006250 offset 30.00
2 851.012500 step 0.012500 offset -45.00
3 762.006250 step 0.012500 offset 30.00

Do entries 0 and 1 apply to FDMA and 2 & 3 TDMA or vice versa?

So do I put the first two in the 1 and 2 slots in the IDEN table for FDMA and the second two in slots 9 and 10
for TDMA 2 slot? Or the opposite?

There is one system that only has 0 and 1 above, how's that entered?

thanks!

Joe

jcardani

Premium Subscriber
Hi Disaster Guy,

The unit should not affiliate since it's programmed to RX only. All talkgroups have Tx unchecked and the registration is set to None.

The antenna icon will display as it affiliates (the screen should say registering). Your firmware version is very old as well.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Thunderknight

Premium Subscriber
While Harris does have the IDEN setup in RPM, I was under the impression they (Harris radios) "downloaded" an updated one from the control channel, whereas Motorola only uses what is in CPS. Perhaps that is what you are seeing - it downloads and "reprograms" itself with the right table and starts working.

Or, are you sure it's just not late entering a call? If the TG or scanned TG is active when you power on, perhaps it just isn't late entering correctly.

jcardani

Premium Subscriber
Hi Thunderknight

I don't think it's late entry since it can happen 4-5 times with several different transmissions.

I did check the table that was programmed and the entry did not match the start frequencies that were displayed in the table displayed in OP25 (from control channel). FYI this radio was programmed for me initially and I made many changes and corrections afterward. I did not make any changes to the IDEN set.

So I would just need to verify where I need to put entries 0 to 4 into the IDEN table.

thanks!

Radioman96p71

Feed Provider
I'd say Thunderknight is right. I've seen the same behavior if the IDEN set isn't correct. Until it downloads the correct one from the site, any calls that are received will have the wrong offset and the radio will try to tune to a wrong frequency or a non-existent one. After 5-10 seconds the radio will be fully updated and work fine, I've observed how this works in HDT and the radio will overwrite the IDEN set once it realizes its outdated.

Check your IDEN set against a known good radio or another accurate source.

jcardani

Premium Subscriber
Hi Radioman,

Yes this is exactly what is happening.

So my question again is related to the tables that I obtained from the control channel using OP25 I documented above.

Should entries 0 and 1 from Op25 above be put in the IDEN table entries 1 and 2 (FDMA) and entries 2 and 3 be put in entries 9 and 10 of the IDEN table (TDMA)?

thanks!

Radioman96p71

Feed Provider
If that is the output directly from OP25 then you just enter is like you see it using rows 1, 2, 3 and 4. It looks like OP25 is not reporting the slots in that output like UniTrunker does, so I'm not sure which is which. I can say that MOST of the time, the first slots will be FDMA and the latter TDMA. I would try that and see what it does.

jcardani

Premium Subscriber
Hi Radioman,

Thanks so much for the clarification.

The only thing I would add is that I read for RPM greater than version 9, that in the IDEN table the FDMA entries start in row 1 and TDMA start in row 9.

So from what you said I would put the first 2 entries into rows 1 and 2 of the IDEN table and the second 2 entries go into rows 9 and 10 of the IDEN table.

jcardani

Premium Subscriber
On a related note I am seeing on some systems an additional entry from the control channel output.

The entire table from the CC looks like this:

0 851.006250 step 0.006250 offset -45.00
1 762.006250 step 0.006250 offset 30.00
2 851.012500 step 0.012500 offset -45.00
3 762.006250 step 0.012500 offset 30.00
4 935.012500 step 0.012500 offset -39.00 <------

This last entry seems strange because the system is public safety and does not have any 900 MHz frequencies licensed.

thanks!

Radioman96p71

Feed Provider
The RPM documentation shows what the recommended IDEN setup should be, Motorola does not follow this plan. Harris sometimes strays from it as well. For proper operation, your IDEN set needs to be identical to the list you are pulling off the air. You can ignore the 900MHz one, it seems Moto likes to send out ALL the possible frequencies just in case. I've seen some with 700,800,900, UHF and VHF all at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.