Pro 197 unit ID view

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Hello all,
I have read previous forums on how to have the unit ID's come up on my scanner ID but I am sturggling with this. Can someone give me a walk through?

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
PRO-197

I use WIN500 to program these scanners and there is a checkbox option within the software to enable displaying of radio IDs.

SCPD

QRT
Ok I have the ID's option but I only see some of the ID's not all. I have a good lock on the site. Any thoughts?

N8IAA

Ok I have the ID's option but I only see some of the ID's not all. I have a good lock on the site. Any thoughts?

My 197 and 106, will show dispatch, or the first unit that the radios receive. Now, my 800, 1088, 396XT, and HP1 will show all of the RID's. Must be how the radios are built. Been that way for over 8 years.
Larry

Swipesy

Larry is correct. Prior to the introduction of the GRE PSR-800 the radios pulled the Radio ID's from the Voice Channels. If you do not catch the transmission at the very start of the transmission the radios will not show the Radio ID. Beginning with the PSR-800 the radios pulled the ID off the Control Channels and is much more reliable in capturing the Radio ID. My PSR-500 captures about 25% of Radio ID's. My PSR-800 captures 100%.

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)

The only real "solution" to catch most of the Radio IDs is to park the scanner on a single system with a single site programmed so it does not miss the call at the very beginning. This is not very practical if you have a lot of interesting things to listen to. Even then, there are several factors that may cause it to not catch the correct RID. If you scan multiple TGs, then there is possibility that you will miss the beginning of the call of a different TG and therefore miss the RID. If the replying user keys up immediately afterwards, then it ends up displaying the previous RID even though it is someone completely different.

Larry is correct. Prior to the introduction of the GRE PSR-800 the radios pulled the Radio ID's from the Voice Channels. If you do not catch the transmission at the very start of the transmission the radios will not show the Radio ID. Beginning with the PSR-800 the radios pulled the ID off the Control Channels and is much more reliable in capturing the Radio ID. My PSR-500 captures about 25% of Radio ID's. My PSR-800 captures 100%.

I believe you have it swapped around. For P25, the control channel only sends RIDs at the very beginning of a voice grant. The voice stream has the RID contained within it and repeats it frequently. That would be why the older GRE scanners does not get RIDs if received a call already in progress.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.