Bracebridge Fleetnet Tower

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
There has been a lot of ENC. talk on the tower today as well as plain P25 maybe a taste of things to come or something happening.
Just an observation. FYI

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
What are trying to suggest? That the possibility of it all going ENC? Or that there's a drug bust gonna happen in the area?

If it's the latter, then no wonder there's always talk of it all going ENC.

Circumstances like this, perhaps you should just keep quiet about what you do hear. Otherwise you won't have anything to listen to.

Perhaps an admin can maybe delete this thread as I see no value in at all.

There has been a lot of ENC. talk on the tower today as well as plain P25 maybe a taste of things to come or something happening.
Just an observation. FYI

VE3RADIO

for goodness sake... another stupid post.. please delete this post mods.

PLEASE DO NOT POST STUFF LIKE THIS!

Why do you feel the need to blab on here about useless information like this? Does it make you feel good about yourself or are you so lonely that you have to come on here and blab about what you heard?

SCPD

QRT
What a bunch of morons someone gives a little heads up and the *****ing and whining starts you know it will be ENC. by 2017 anyway. RCMP, OPP all across Canada all police forces I know how ,I work for the Federal government. I have seen some of the details involved some of the moderators also work on these systems they know.

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
Feel free to provide us with all your proof and documentation and we'll leave ya alone.

What a bunch of morons someone gives a little heads up and the *****ing and whining starts you know it will be ENC. by 2017 anyway. RCMP, OPP all across Canada all police forces I know how ,I work for the Federal government. I have seen some of the details involved some of the moderators also work on these systems they know.

VE3RADIO

Nobody wants a heads up or to hear your bragging.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Feel free to provide us with all your proof and documentation and we'll leave ya alone.

BC: Rural RCMP have almost finished converting their conventional analogue repeater network to P25, fully encrypted.

EComm P25 replacement system, law enforcement will likely be 100% encrypted.

CREST P25 replacement system, law enforcement will likely be 100% encrypted

AB: AFRCCS law enforcement will almost certainly be 100% encrypted. CVSE is encrypted, as will most AHS talk groups

SK: Metro law enforcement already is fully encrypted, RCMP are almost 100% encrypted, even highways are encrypted.

MB: WPS has been 100% encrypted for years. RCMP is or will be shortly 100% encrypted

ON: Except of OPP, a lot of law enforcement is encrypted, along with some fire.

RCMP P25 system is 100% encrypted.

PEI/NS/NB: RCMP on the new 700 MHz P25 system are encrypted.

Yukon: AFIK RCMP have been encrypted since the MDMRS system was replaced.

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
Still doesn't make it right though making posts though like the op did.

BC: Rural RCMP have almost finished converting their conventional analogue repeater network to P25, fully encrypted.

AB: AFRCCS law enforcement will almost certainly be 100% encrypted. CVSE is encrypted, as will most AHS talk groups

SK: Metro law enforcement already is fully encrypted, RCMP are almost 100% encrypted, even highways are encrypted.

MB: WPS has been 100% encrypted for years. RCMP is or will be shortly 100% encrypted

VE3RADIO

If all of these systems were clear before.. one must stop and ask themselves why now? If I expand much further beyond the obvious postings and so on I will end up getting the post deleted like slicerwizards was yesterday.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ

Provided.

Separately not significant, but when written down, a pattern emerges.

Still doesn't make it right though making posts though like the op did.

I fully agree. One should not talk about what one hears. Especially covert ops that you stumble across that are not encrypted.

If all of these systems were clear before.. one must stop and ask themselves why now? If I expand much further beyond the obvious postings and so on I will end up getting the post deleted like slicerwizards was yesterday.

It is part of a bigger trend. Technically CPIC info should not be transmitted across an unsecured channel, that info is not for the public to be hearing. Yes it has been going on for ever, but now with encryption technology as advanced, with out having range and voice quality degradation, and cheap this was bound to happen. Couple that with some very high profile audio recordings archived and played over the MSM for all to hear... Well let's not get this dragged to the tavern.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ

AB: AFRRCS law enforcement will almost certainly be 100% encrypted. CVSE is encrypted, as will most AHS talk groups

These folks are not using crappy ADP, they are using AES256 or DES. Yes a determined foe may be able to afford to defeat DES, but a good crypto officer is going to be changing keys regularly.

AFRRCS has OTAR, and agencies that are using encryption are most likely going to be using OTAR.

slicerwizard

You mean if you point out that the feeds are more to blame for the shift to encryption than the odd ill advised posting? Yep, that will get your post deleted. Gee, how do I know that? Well, here it is. Mods, do your thing...

mciupa

You mean if you point out that the feeds are more to blame for the shift to encryption than the odd ill advised posting? Yep, that will get your post deleted. Gee, how do I know that? Well, here it is. Mods, do your thing...

Hey look! I deleted one of my own just above this post! :D

Seriously though,

My thing is to remind members of the forum rules.

I did not delete the post because I felt like it.

Please take the time to read this Global Announcement.

The RadioReference.com Forums - Announcements in Forum : System-wide Administration

If I see something that contravenes policy, I cannot ignore it. Thus, the deletion. Sorry, but no offense was intended.

Last edited:

mciupa

I think there is some educational value in leaving these posts in place in this thread. It serves to show what is appropriate and what is not.

Eventually, it will sink in. The Durham thread contained name calling that detracted from the discussion.

Please try and be polite with one another.

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
If I see something that contravenes policy, I cannot ignore it. Thus, the deletion. Sorry, but no offense was intended.

That's fair, and it wouldn't be appropriate for anyone to ask you to ignore your duties.

However, instead of just blanket deleting a post, would it not be better to edit it, to indicate WHY it was deleted? A user could easily break policy and not even realize it.

mciupa

That's fair, and it wouldn't be appropriate for anyone to ask you to ignore your duties.

However, instead of just blanket deleting a post, would it not be better to edit it, to indicate WHY it was deleted? A user could easily break policy and not even realize it.

Will do. Sort of the same way I explain what was done in the database at times if it isn't readily apparent. Thanks for pointing that out.

If I see name calling and posts unrelated to the discussion, it grabs my attention and I get my fingers dirty, otherwise I read and move on.

Anger is just a waste of time in my opinion.

slicerwizard

It wasn't a rant. It was a simple, brief on topic reply. I felt that some were getting bent out of shape over indiscreet posts, when the damage has already been done by the feeds. And when a system manager personally tells you that his PS system is using encryption because of the feeds, it's no longer a matter of debate. However, regarding the Durham Region system, recent indiscreet postings on this site did lead to increased use of encryption. And that hurt a lot of members here. So naturally they're pissed. Hence the repeated "shut the hell up" tone in posts. Mind you, it's too late now, at least for Durham.

Status
Not open for further replies.