Unitrunker Audio TCP port

Status
Not open for further replies.

radiotrack1

Feed Provider
Is there a way to configure the audio output of Unitrunker to use a TCP port? My current configuration is 2 RTL dongles, Unitrunker, Virtual Audio cable and DSD Plus following a P25 system.

I am hoping to get away from virtual audio cable and pipe the audio from Unitrunker directly to DSD. I have tried using FMP to DSD and I seem to get better audio decodes than using VAC to pipe the audio.FMP is not very user friendly and does not support following P25.

Is this option currently availible and I am just missing it or will it possibly be a feature added to Unitrunker in up coming releases?

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
Unitrunker does not currently support TCP routing, it would be a wonderful addition for the next release. Also fyi "DSD" is totally separate from "DSD+", DSD does not support TCP routing. At present very few programs support TCP for input or output routing, FMP24 and DSD+ are the only ones that come to mind.

poltergeisty

Truth is a force of nature
Banned
Why don't you use DSD+? It uses TCP and can follow the system channels.

Just want to mention something about your audio. You did say you're using DSD. Like what was mentioned there is DSD+ and I would try that. Also, when I used DSD+ I had digitized audio until I lowered my step rate to 2.4 or less. VB cable has the regular cable or a HIFI cable which I used to see if local FM stations carried SCA. You have to use HDSDR and feed the audio to SDR# for SCA decode.

Last edited:

radiotrack1

Feed Provider
I am using DSD+. I am able to get good decode from using DSD+ with FMP. I am using Unitrunker to DSD+ but I have to pipe my audio from Unitrunker to Virtual Audio Cable to get it over to DSD+ and it does not seem to decode as good as FMP to DSD+. What I am looking for is a way to get the audio from Unitrunker to DSD+ without the use of Virtual Audio Cable. If there is a way to Configure Unitrunker to send audio out on a TCP port then you can stream it directly to DSD+ without Virtual Audio Cable. Another use would be that you could send the audio out the TCP port and be able to recieve it over the internet remotely by setting up DSD+ to connect to your Unitrunker output port. Such as 172.145.233.255:20000

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
I Googled audio over TCP and found this. TCP Audio Streamer and Player (Voice Chat over IP) - CodeProject

Not sure if that would work.

I wonder if it's Virtual Audio Cable? You can try VB Cable. Doesn't Virtual Audio Cable have sample rate settings and some other things that might need to be tunned?

I'm guessing that would defeat the whole point of what the OP wants to accomplish (get a better signal by bypassing the sound card). As I mentioned earlier, Unitrunker does not support TCP - I don't believe any SDR program(s) support TCP, other than FMP24 and DSD+. Regardless, this may be a simple issue of adjusting certain volume settings and/or sample rate settings as mentioned earlier.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.