Shots fired at Dallas protest

Status
Not open for further replies.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Shots fired at protest in D/T Dallas

Shots have been fired, and possible two police officers shot, at a protest in Downtown Dallas. The protest march was in relation to the two officer involved shootings in the last couple of days, one in Baton Rouge, LA, the other near St. Paul, MN. Hearing "officer down" calls on DPD Ch 12.

BREAKING: Shots fired and officers down at downtown Dallas protest | WFAA.com

Reports of shots fired at downtown Dallas rally following deaths of Alton Sterling, Philando Castile | Dallas Morning News

Two officers shot during Downtown Dallas protest - Story | KDFW

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
(2) confirmed officers wounded. Feed archives appear to have been disabled.......
Most of the activity is on DPD Channel 12, which is not on a feed.

I kicked my HP-1 to record mode a little while ago, and set the 536 to also record, paused on the DPD entries.

SCPD

QRT
If the feeds for Dallas aren't down they need to be it's a really active scenerio for dpd.

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
Most of the activity is on DPD Channel 12, which is not on a feed.

I kicked my HP-1 to record mode a little while ago, and set the 536 to also record, paused on the DPD entries.

Now it is, original operations and transmissions were on PD1 Central. The archive for that stopped recording (or archiving at least) at 21:18. There's been no update since. The shots were fired at aprox 21:50-22:00.

It's too coincidental. The news will spin and mess with events. Those recordings...are the only uncensored account of events. And I pay for the access to them.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
The actual "event" was on Ch 12 from the beginning of the march, but this was all occurring in downtown, which is DPD Central Patrol, Channel 1, so some traffic was there.

fredva

Feed Provider
The archives are now up to 21:48. I believe some delay between the end of the 30 minute recording and the time that recording becomes available for listening is fairly normal. But I'm not certain how long that delay is.

allend

Premium Subscriber
3 Officers Shot and 1 Dead

Scary times in this world and things do not seem to be getting better

ThePhotoGuy

Premium Subscriber
WFAA-TV ‏@wfaachannel8 2m2 minutes ago
BREAKING: DPD Chief David Brown says 10 officers were shot by 2 snipers in downtown Dallas. 3 are dead, 3 are critical, and 2 are in surgery

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
From Twitter:
"0fficers who were protecting the people protesting lost their lives by a sniper not even man enough to stand face to face w/ them." --Rabb.
(Rabb is Shaun Rabb, a veteran news reporter for Fox 4/KDFW)

AggieCon

Premium Subscriber
Steve, I would be happy to host the audio files for you if you want to share them. Email me if interested.

QDP2012

Prayers for all involved.

It looks like the BCFY feeds are taking a heavy load on this event. 44000+ listeners on one feed alone several hours after the incident.

Status
Not open for further replies.