Millville, NJ PD to replace radio system

Status
Not open for further replies.

csmith00

Feed Provider
From The Daily Journal

Millville police to replace outdated radio system

Millville police to replace outdated radios

MILLVILLE – The city is pulling the plug on its entire police communications system this year, installing new equipment from headquarters down to the personal radios officers use when out of their cruiser.New Jersey State Police are collaborators on the program, which also is expected to fill a gap locally in the state police's communications system.MORE NEWS: New chief to headline changesThe City Commission on Tuesday night introduced a bond ordinance that will raise $825,000 for the project.“I give credit to this commission,” police Chief Jody Farabella said earlier Tuesday. “We sat down. We told them our needs. We showed them some (sound recording) discs where we’re having trouble with our radio system with not understanding or hearing our officers.”

W2SJW

Database Admin
Yep, I was talking to a few guys on DMR in the last 2 weeks that work for Moto & they told me some new & exciting things are happening in South Jersey.

The info I also put up years ago about the NJSP working to upgrade the 800Mhz OmniLink to P25 has become outdated as well - when they do migrate off the Type-II it will be straight to Phase-II on 800MHz.

GM

Premium Subscriber
Can a few of the Southern NJ monitors run Unitrunker and/or Pro96Com on the NJICS and see if any new Peer sites are have come on-line? I heard from a friend of mine that they are adding some more towers to the system in the next few months.

kennyloatman

Premium Subscriber
Tonight I am also seeing Bridgeton city showing up on the Millville site. They may have been there before but I wasn't picking up anything on Millville.

MilAirNJ

Can a few of the Southern NJ monitors run Unitrunker and/or Pro96Com on the NJICS and see if any new Peer sites are have come on-line? I heard from a friend of mine that they are adding some more towers to the system in the next few months.

Ran Unitrunker on the Berlin NJ Site this morning. This is whats coming back: Doesnt seem to be anything new. I will keep an eye out.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    7.6 KB · Views: 254

kennyloatman

Premium Subscriber
Thanks!! Please let me know if you hear more. I'm wondering if it will just be Millville police using this new system or will it include EMS and fire, etc.

The last I read last year, The county wanted up to five years to get there funds together and construction completed. They probably will go on this system but it's going to be a while.

robnj74

Premium Subscriber
I haven't noticed anything new, this site is actually very quiet. I think you hear traffic from 4comm, Medvac-South and Bridgeton. Keep in mind though the traffic is very sporadic, Bridgeton for the most part is on the Berlin site or at least that's where I hear the majority of their calls.

It's also interesting to note that this site seems to have less power (based on my received signal) than the Berlin site, it has a lot of fluctuation in signal strength. I don't think I should see much variation in signal due to proximity to the site (less than 3miles) but I never the less do.

Rob

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.jpg
    Screenshot_1.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 244
Status
Not open for further replies.