Unication G5 On Viper

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB4SHP

Feed Provider
I would like to post this in-case anyone is interested I have had one of this pagers for few days now. I know it been posted else where but noting I can find about NC Viper so I took the plunge and got one. I can say this it works great on Viper system so far I have only Monitored Rockingham County Sites and it works great. I will be glad to answer any questions you have but this is learning process for me so I am no expert with the pager but will try to help any one.

K4OC

Premium Subscriber
I would like to post this in-case anyone is interested I have had one of this pagers for few days now. I know it been posted else where but noting I can find about NC Viper so I took the plunge and got one. I can say this it works great on Viper system so far I have only Monitored Rockingham County Sites and it works great. I will be glad to answer any questions you have but this is learning process for me so I am no expert with the pager but will try to help any one.

Hello. I was not aware of Unication until your post. I went to their website and it looks like a pretty neat little radio.
One thing I did not see is the price. Can you share what the G5 are typically going for?

Thanks.

Last edited:

EnchantedWizard

Premium Subscriber
Can't wait

I've been following the G5 posts for a while, glad to hear someone local has one up and running. Can't wait to save up funds for one myself. If you don't mind please, where do you purchase yours at?

KB4SHP

Feed Provider
I caught a promotion deal where you trade in old Pager which I bought several of a while back and you get 200.00 I am still waiting on the invoice from my Dealer I use for the Fire Dept to get the exact price but If I remember correctly in was in the $700.00 range

KB4SHP

Feed Provider
I bought it from Wolfe Communications out of Tennessee I been dealing with them for a while with the G1 pagers. When Rockingham County decided to go from Low band to Uhf for fire paging they sent me one of the G1 to demo and it blew big M out the water on receive. and we will have some of them for 2 years in November and no problems.

RF-Burns

I'm curious to know the thoughts of the Viper Admins on this pager being used. If they are ok with this being used are they ok with Harris Radios being used with RPM10 or below where you can select Non Affilation. We all know the Viper Admins thoughts on Motorola Radios because of having to use system keys and most of the time stolen software which is totally understandable. Everything I've always read on here is that they are ok with scanners being used to monitor Viper but nothing else.

Any admin thoughts?

Thunderknight

Premium Subscriber
I'm not a VIPER admin, but the G5 is 100% receiver only. It has no transmitter and requires nothing to make it not transmit/affiliate and it's impossible to do so since there is no transmitter.
From a system perspective (or non-perspective since it doesn't know it's there), it's identical to a scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.