Can't figure out what this is, Any Ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

k9wkj

i stunningly dislike sound cloud
for samples of stuff just put it on your google drive or One drive or apple cloudy thingy or even the Amazon cloud drive thingy, they are all free!!!!!!
and share a link to it , all of your other stuff is still private and unseen
and then my browser wont be taken over by a song playing very loud that i have no control over except when playing the sample that is very quiet and short
soundcloud is just one more groups ( i believe the board techs union?) attempt at trying to milk the last dusty scuffed up cent out of everyone by torturing us with loud ads and songs we dont want to hear

Last edited:

hotpocket

Premium Subscriber
I was almost wondering if it could be for an MDT (mobile data terminal) for the fire department, as I live directly across the street from the fire hall, and have never gotten that noise any onther time. or maybe part of the London Transit Commissions automatic vehicle locator system?

hotpocket

Premium Subscriber
only reason I'm kind of leaning away from POCSAG is from all the audio samples I've listened to, it seems like it should be longer in its bursts, or continuous. Maybe its the pagers they use at Wal-Mart

mbstone99

only reason I'm kind of leaning away from POCSAG is from all the audio samples I've listened to, it seems like it should be longer in its bursts, or continuous. Maybe its the pagers they use at Wal-Mart

It definitely sounds like some type of pager.. You could try using PDW or Poc32 and see if they will decode anything from it..

Matt

satboy8888

The only time I've seen the walmart radios, they've had Wi-Fi available? I wonder if they're hooked into that? They are Motorola though

motomeso

Premium Subscriber
It's raw paging data. If you listen to it long enough you'll probably here a voice recording announcing who it belongs to. (Hint)

hotpocket

Premium Subscriber
No, but these are some of the things I do live near.

- London Fire Department Station 7
- Fanshawe College
- Walmart (at Northland Mall)

think it could somehow be related to any of those?

Status
Not open for further replies.