Pre rebanded ICALL/Clemars database

Status
Not open for further replies.

djpaulino

Premium Subscriber
I have noticed in the National and California databases that the pre rebanded ICALL/ITACS and CAL EMA 800 Clemars have been removed, can we get them back in the database? as they are still active and the new rebanded frequencies are not active yet.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Do you mean ICALL and ITAC as in the national frequencies which are in the national database?

National Interoperability Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

Edit: I see that the pre-rebanding channels are not in the US national DB (but they are in Canada, because we still use the pre-rebanded freqs here and not the rebanded ones). That may be the reason for removal in any case - because they're national, not local. They should be in the national section.

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
I agree with David that, until Rebanding is completed for the Regions along the US - Mexico Border, the 'legacy' (866-869 MHz) ICALL and ITAC1-4 channels should remain, or should be added into the databases for the areas where they are still in use.

Don

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
You guys know that the rebanded frequencies are exactly 15MHz below the non-rebanded frequencies, right?

If you are trying to figure out what they were, just add 15.000 to the new frequency

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
You guys know that the rebanded frequencies are exactly 15MHz below the non-rebanded frequencies, right?

If you are trying to figure out what they were, just add 15.000 to the new frequency

Yes, as an administrator for a system undergoing rebanding, a former California Statewide Interoperability Coordinator, and the Chair of the NPSTC Spectrum Committee, I am well aware of that factoid.

But those who download the database to program their late-model scanners may not be aware of it, hence my comment asking that it be added back (and thank you, Bill).

djpaulino

Premium Subscriber
I agree with David that, until Rebanding is completed for the Regions along the US - Mexico Border, the 'legacy' (866-869 MHz) ICALL and ITAC1-4 channels should remain, or should be added into the databases for the areas where they are still in use.

Don

Database Admins, These are not in the database. They are still active , can you place them back in please? Thank you.

kma371

QRT
Well they were until the admin PJH deleted them March 12.

I'll have him add them back again.

Last edited:

PJH

Premium Subscriber
Those channels are NOT in the national plan ITAC/ICALL are no longer valid NIFOG channels, are NOT valid under that national listing. That is why they were removed. *IF* (and they are. I linger suppose to be licenable due to the rebranding requirements) are in use locally, they are to be listed locally.

8CALL REPLACED ICALL channels due to rebranding.

*The frequency in parenthesis, which is 15 MHz higher, is the frequency used before rebanding - channel names
were I C A L L, ITAC1 - ITAC4. Wideband FM 20K0F3E before and after rebanding.

Rebanding these for us in the field and with Nextel / FCC was a very big deal. Hence the new channels and names.

Even in the older CalIFOG it will show pre and post rebanding with the different names. I'd check to see what is actually going on in your location.

However, ICALL will not go back in the national database as it's no longer valid for those sections as structured and reasons above.

Last edited:

PJH

Premium Subscriber
So I reached out to my guy down that way.

Offically ICALL is dead. However, California OES holds a Special Temporary Authorization in many - not all - counties as state radio sites - and is the ONLY agency to hold a license for those channels. The STA is good until August. The license is only good on a secondary / non-interference basis.

He isn't sure what they are doing with it but the rumor mill is the state didn't have money to replace all the radios that were in place. He said that's the rumor but doesn't know as he isn't responsible for them.

So if anything they should go in the county or state level page with the correct nomenclature as needed. But since they are no longer nationwide channels they were not for back in the *national* database.

http://www.800ta.org/content/resources/NPSPAC_Region5_Presentation_TAWeb.pdf

Last edited:

PJH

Premium Subscriber
The borders were always an issue. You'd think after 10 years...

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Canada has not and will not 'reband', and as such is still using the ICALL channels (and other "national" interop channels including the 700 channels). It was my understanding that the US northern states were still using them, or at least keeping them available, for that reason. If they're still using them, they should still be in the DB.

PJH

Premium Subscriber
Incorrect - to a point. They may be available to use going to Canada and in Canada - and allowed to be in radios going into Canada in US mobiles and portables - but radios on the US are to use 8CALL due to the US rebanding.

As N5 stated STA's for those problem areas due to CN and MX allocations would be exceptions until hammered out. Those areas have been known issues when rebanding was going to take place (I forget the term that was used).

Canada stuff was not touched. I did update CN based on stale information submitted by a CN admin almost a year ago.

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
The borders were always an issue. You'd think after 10 years...

Yeah, you would. Except it took the State Department until 2013 to get the protocol with Mexico signed which reallocated 851-856 MHz in the +/- 110 km Border Interface zone from Mexico Primary to US Primary. And here we are 4 years later and only now is Mexico rebanding their side of the border interface zone, to allow us to start migrating. Our State of California-held Licenses for ICall and ITacs 1-4 are real licenses (not STAs), and still valid. Maybe by the end of the year the systems on the south side of the border will vacate so we can migrate to 8CALL90 and 8TAC91-94.

While 48 of California's counties have rebanded, in Southern California they are still very much active (and the -15 MHz channels not so).

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
Incorrect - to a point. They may be available to use going to Canada and in Canada - and allowed to be in radios going into Canada in US mobiles and portables - but radios on the US are to use 8CALL due to the US rebanding.

True, EXCEPT in the FCC Planning Regions along the Mexican Border where their use is PROHIBITED until their use is specifically authorized by the Transition Administrator and the FCC.

The lack of their being listed has already caused problems with jurisdictions who use the RR database to ID frequencies that must be included in Life Safety in-building communications systems.

Bill, can we have them back in the California Statewide listings as a compromise until all of the pre-rebanded systems are off?

Don

Last edited:

kg6ifv

Premium Subscriber
Every California county north of the Kern county line have been rebranded to the new 8CALL/8TAC frequencies. Most of the So. California counties are converting but slowly because of Mexico. There is a new CalIFOG at the CALOES website.

Mike

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.