Greece NY PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

elmer166

Feed Provider
I live on the East side of Monroe County and am having a hard time picking up Towns West (Gates & Greece PD)

I use a Radio shack pro 197 and a Uniden bcd 536 hp. I can only pick them up garbled. Does anybody have and idea as to how to get better reception? Have tried different locations in the house.

All the other PD channels in Monroe County work well. Towns East, RPD East & West & MCSO.

I know its programmed correct as I am picking them up, just is garbled.

Thanks

elmer166

Feed Provider
Will double check.

I can hear what they are saying most of the time. Some times its garbled, cuts in and out.

Thanks for the reply.

sallen07

Premium Subscriber
I'm on the west side of the county, and I have the same issue with Towns North. Sometimes it's crystal clear; other times it's garbled.

I think it's just a function of where the tower is, and what's in between you and the tower.

sallen07

Premium Subscriber
Did you make sure your antenna connection is good and tight?

A reasonable suggestion. But I see this issue with different scanners using different antennas at locations in and near my house.

Our county uses a number of P25 conventional (non-trunked) UHF channels for law enforcement. The ones on the same side of the county as where you are at, come in great. The ones on the other side of the county will be crystal clear one moment, and garbled the next transmission. I belive the problem is terrain and the fact that the city (with several tall buildings) is in between, and you end up with an problem similar to the simulcast issue seen with 800 MHz trunking systems ... the scanner (or SDR) is receiving two or more copies of the signal due to reflection, and that drives the decoder nuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.