City of Asheville license modification

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaFive

The City of Asheville license WNXR226, has a modification pending as of 07/07/16. The request is for all frequencies to be capable of P25 Linear Simulcast (8K70D1W). I know nothing of LSM, so I don't know what effect, if any this will have on Asheville listeners. One interesting side note, there is a modification request for a sight at ' Brown Mountain '. The only Brown Mountain I know of is east of Little Switzerland....not far from Linville. Okay...Fine. As of today the system is still M 36. Take Care all
Also, 857.9875 was added to the line up.

Last edited:

AlphaFive

Town Mountain

Haaaaaaaaaaa, I sure hope so, odd though, Peach Knob is on the modification above Brown Mountain, so I don't know why they would make two of the same. As they do say ' that's above my paygrade '. Thanks for the reply

trumpetman

Database Admin
Brown Mtn, aka Mt Royal, is located behind Skyland fire station 1/Asheville fire station 4. It has been a part of the SmartZone system since the beginning I recall, nothing new about it besides maybe a name change.

Expect a 4 site simulcast to pop up soon. Also expect encryption.

AlphaFive

Brown Mountain

Thank You for that. I only stumbled blindly on this because I utilize my little old Pro 94, to keep the City on, if the F.D. is running a call out of downtown. The Pro 94 has been a rock solid performer on Asheville's M 36 system. As of yesterday it started having real difficulty landing on the control channel to begin trunking. So I decided to see what the license had to say. I had seen a few mentions of future changes here in the forum. Again, thanks, I don't know how you keep up with W.N.C., but I count on it.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
At this point no Jake. But as soon as the digital switch is done, APD and AFR will fully encrypt. Hmm someone in the San Fran of the East Coast wants to hide.... Nothing ever changes. I hope at least AFR will rethink that. Once APD goes E there will be no monitorable LEA in Buncombe except the State.

ts548

At this point no Jake. But as soon as the digital switch is done, APD and AFR will fully encrypt. Hmm someone in the San Fran of the East Coast wants to hide.... Nothing ever changes. I hope at least AFR will rethink that. Once APD goes E there will be no monitorable LEA in Buncombe except the State.

I wouldn't count on AFD recanting. You see someone from this page posted the audio of Capt. Jeff Bowen when he died 5 years ago before the man was even in the ground. Pissed a lot of poeple in Asheville off so its been known since then that when they go P25 it won't happen again. Good job for those of you that like to provide those audio links, its helping your hobby go dark.

Status
Not open for further replies.