• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XTS3000 Programing Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rescue_99

Premium Subscriber
Hi,
So recently I purchased a used XTS3000 from Ebay and received a programing cable and software from the previous user. Now I have it hooked up to my computer and got the CPS R05.03.00 downloaded and the driver that I use for my HT1250 downloaded and when I go to program on the correct COM port it says "Communication with radio failed." Is there anything that I should try or that I am missing? Thank you.

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
What type of programming cable are you using. If you're using a USB to serial converter check for other available ports. The HT1250 driver you mentioned, I'm guessing that is for a USB to serial converter? When using a direct serial connection no driver is needed.

Rescue_99

Premium Subscriber
I am using a male 9 Pin to USB Converter that makes it so I can use it on my Computer. And the reason I tried the driver was because it wasn't working with out it and it does not give me an option to use another COM port on my computer.

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
I am using a male 9 Pin to USB Converter that makes it so I can use it on my Computer. And the reason I tried the driver was because it wasn't working with out it and it does not give me an option to use another COM port on my computer.

Need some more info.

The USB Serial converters can be tricky. Some work, some do not. What version of windows is installed onto your computer?

Do you have the correct driver installed for the USB converter? What comport are you selecting?

Rescue_99

Premium Subscriber

N4GIX

Premium Subscriber

You can use the Windows tools to (re)assign any COM port...

Outerdog

T¹ ÆS Ø
Premium Subscriber
Need some more info.

The USB Serial converters can be tricky. Some work, some do not. What version of windows is installed onto your computer?

They are not tricky -- unless by "tricky" you mean don't bother with the README file which explains exactly which USB/Serial adapters Motorola recommends.

Status
Not open for further replies.