Bell County ProVoice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tramagod

So, I upgraded my 436HP today with the ProVoice upgrade and I'm still not receiving any Temple traffic. Is anyone else in the Bell County area experiencing this, or is it just me? I know it's installed correctly, is there anything else I need to do after the install to activate it? Any guidance would be appreciated, thanks.

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
So, I upgraded my 436HP today with the ProVoice upgrade and I'm still not receiving any Temple traffic. Is anyone else in the Bell County area experiencing this, or is it just me? I know it's installed correctly, is there anything else I need to do after the install to activate it? Any guidance would be appreciated, thanks.

Silly question, did you enter the key?

KevinC

Super Moderator
Read the original post Kevin.

I did, but I saw no mention of entering the key. That's why I called it a silly question. It's "assumed" you did, but numerous others didn't realize they had to perform this step.

D

darunimal

Do you have it programmed in under at Favorite List or HomePatrolDataBase. Location Range set to 10miles, Services, QKs

Tramagod

Programmed by zip, range set at 10 miles, and just with the stock antenna I'm getting systems from 30 miles away, but not the ProVoice system 20 miles away, and actually, the dispatch center is closer than that.

D

darunimal

Time for a Yagi, or before that check LCNs, and program as a couple of conventional freq and see if you hear digital noise on 1 of their freq's.

Tramagod

sounds to me like you're spit ballin' here. What you don't seem to understand is that I'm picking up everything EXCEPT the ProVice transmissions.

KevinC

Super Moderator
Are they maybe encrypted?

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Already Being Addressed

I have already identified, monitored and submitted the current "D" PV talk groups here. I have been monitoring Temple since the firmware was installed on my 436. There are several talk groups I am continuing to monitor with documentation of LE activity. I have listed some of these target talk groups within the following thread. Yes, this is a very active city once you open up PV. I am hearing surveillance and everything. Also, PD appears to be aware of the PV upgrade. During an operation, I heard them stating, "not over the air."

So, if you want to add these "unidentified talk groups" I've been monitoring to your Sentinel load, to help me identify what type of activity is present and the city where the transmissions are being broadcast, I would greatly appreciate the help. At present, I am working on the PV system at the VA, without much luck. Also, I discovered a county-wide narcotics channel that I am still attempting to figure out.

http://forums.radioreference.com/texas-radio-discussion-forum/324813-temple-pd-digital.html

Last edited:

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Not Yet

Are they maybe encrypted?

I have not identified any encryption on this system using my Uniden 436HP. I am still hearing the talk groups that I identified in the thread I posted about this system.

However, I don't know if there is an encryption noise on PV like there is with Phase II encryption.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
You weren't providing any you were guessing, and poorly I might add. I can guess.

#1. We do not have your scanner in our hands to see.
#2. We can only go over what others like you have done in the past to cause then not to hear.
#3. You ask for help either take it or do not ask.
#4. You have 2 people trying to help and yet you choose to run them off.
#5. I hope if you are a EMT or PARAMEDIC you are better to your Patients.
Good luck have a nice day.

Tramagod

I always come here first for help and always appreciate the help provided,however the suggestions made by durunimal were random guesses at best and not what I considered help. None of the suggestions he made had anything to do with PV reception but rather general set up of the scanner. I've had the scanner for 3 Years, I think I have a pretty good understanding of set up procedures. As far as your comments are concerned, they weren't helpful either. What I don't understand is why there is always someone on this site that doesn't necessarily want to be helpful, but rather critical instead, so why go there commenting? If you don't have something helpful to say,just read the post and move on.

slicerwizard

What I don't understand is why there is always someone on this site that doesn't necessarily want to be helpful, but rather critical instead, so why go there commenting? If you don't have something helpful to say,just read the post and move on.
You're not running on all cylinders. First, you think a PV-capable scanner is an eBay scam (couldn't google it?), then you interpret attempts to help you as "critical" posts. Go figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.