DMR RC 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

sibbley

Premium Subscriber
Paul, will Uniden setup a clinic for us when the weekly updates are over? I'm sure at least a few of us will need help kicking this habit.

Thanks for all the great work.

D

darunimal

Thank you for all the hard work and show of large scale due diligence with such a collective approach to getting this right.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Wait a minute!11 Why dose this Sentennial have the same version number as the one in RC 3???//?!!!one!

<jk>

kc5igh

Premium Subscriber
Wait a minute!11 Why dose this Sentennial have the same version number as the one in RC 3???//?!!!one!

<jk>

Because (as Paul said): "No change to Sentinel (if you are fast, you'll get a file w/o Sentinel in it, but I just realized that I need to add Sentinel to that file for those who might just be joining)."

RF23

Premium Subscriber
The version of Sentinel that I am using is 1.07.03 not 1.07.02 which seems to be the one that accompanies RC4.

What have I missed?

microx

I'm a little confused too, because the sentinel that came with this (Ver 1.07.02) is from RC2. Included in RC3 was a newer sentinel (Ver 1.07.03). Now this RC4 has Ver 02 Sentinel again...... I guess I won't worry about the Sentinel and just keep the one that was from before (Ver 03) as Paul said..

rr60

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Upman; Just got unit back from repair depot yesterday (my bad). Did not have upgrade but had purchased previously. In a couple hours I am all up to date, Sentinel in, systems built also grabbed a HPE file shared in NJ forum imported from W2JSW, and rockin with real nice DMR audio. I run 2 TRBO systems BTW. Fun to compare on what I know my systems have. Very EZ process thanks to all posters too.

ColonelMike

Premium Subscriber
Is there a Pokémon hidden in this update? They are everywhere else.

Thanks for the update, my CON system with 2701 users and over 100 talkgroups is working much better and three runs with LCN finder has finally provided stable results (I previously verified them with DSD but LCN Finder kept changing numbers)

racingfan360

Great job UpMan.....good to see the development work on this continuing at pace.

Particularly like the addition of the Unit ID.

The judgement changes for DMR decoding appear to be much better too (fewer false positives - I was seeing CAP and XPT, sometimes ENC indications too on Conventional simplex DMR).

If further tweaks/features are being lined up, perhaps you can consider:
1. Ability to display Group ID and Unit ID when the Alpha Tag field has been populated
2. Ability to set the Digital Threshold Level to below 5 (vs just being able to do this on a per System basis in ARC536Pro)
3. Anything that improves decode ability on DMR Simplex (Especially UHF on a BCD436HP)

Status
Not open for further replies.