OUHSCPD on Norman LMA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

plaws

Premium Subscriber
Hearing traffic on Norman's LMA 7O (25456) and from the sounds of it, this is the "other" OU PD up at the OU HSC. The DB has them listed on their very own P25 system (which makes no sense to me).

I've never even tried to listen to that system. Is it still up? Is it linked now? Did they merge it into OKWIN (which would make a boatload of sense ...)?

peterjmag

I believe OUHSCPD still operates on their own P25 Phase 1 site at the hospital and they either can patch into OKWIN, or may even have a separate OKWIN radio in their console to talk to Norman and the rest of the state like being reported.

n5bew1

I entered the OUHSCPD trunking control channels into my scanner with a 800 Meg beam pointed towards OKC and I did not hear anything on the two control channels. Maybe I am to far away but I'd think I would hear some kind of signal.

plaws

Premium Subscriber
I entered the OUHSCPD trunking control channels into my scanner with a 800 Meg beam pointed towards OKC and I did not hear anything on the two control channels. Maybe I am to far away but I'd think I would hear some kind of signal.

I put the system in as setup in the RRDB via Sentinel on my 436 and heard nothing on my external, non-800 MHz antenna but figured it was low powered. But with a beam ... Interesting.

Does anyone monitor this system regularly?

Sparky_one

OUHSC on WINS

Yes, I'm thankful other people have heard traffic. It was just a few days ago and I heard, from Edmond, OUHSC dispatch put out the call where a guy tried to carjack a lady at 13th and Stonewall. They said the suspect went east on 13th. Then an officer said a man fitting the description may have gotten on the Embark bus. But then he said it was too far for the guy to get that fast. I have two scanners that I listen to WINS traffic. One is an older non-trunking one where I just listen to the non control channel output of the nearest site. The other is an analog trunk tracker III. Unfortunately, the trunk tracker III did not lock onto the same broadcast or else I would have been able to lock in on the talk group they were using on WINS and saved it.

plaws

Premium Subscriber
Yes, I'm thankful other people have heard traffic. It was just a few days ago and I heard, from Edmond, OUHSC dispatch put out the call where a guy tried to carjack a lady at 13th and Stonewall. .

It wasn't the same incident, but "13th and Stonewall" was how I figured out it was OUHSCPD. I did find their jurisdiction map online - see below.

http://www.ouhsc.edu/Portals/1040/Assets/documents/Jurisdiction2.JPG?ver=2015-08-10-153008-783

Has anyone been able to monitor the P25 system they are "supposed" to be on? I'm curious to know if this is a patch to OKWIN or if the Powers That Be have maybe rejiggered talkgroups and put OUHSCPD on OKWIN using that talkgroup. Goodness knows Norman rarely uses more than 3 or 4 of their 16 LMA channels.

nermel

OUHSC was using RMA 1A for several days before they moved to a Norman LMA talkgroup, . Someone told me their p25 system was having problems, I haven't heard it in ~3 weeks.

plaws

Premium Subscriber
Someone told me their p25 system was having problems, I haven't heard it in ~3 weeks.

A ha! But you've heard it? So it was actually in service at one time?

Why they don't just integrate that system into OKWIN is beyond me. I'm sure the OHP could use the additional coverage around the Capitol District.

n5bew1

Why they don't just integrate that system into OKWIN is beyond me. I'm sure the OHP could use the additional coverage around the Capitol District.

I was up in Del City/MWC today and I entered all 5 channels of their system into my scanner in the car and I heard zilch. Nothing on any of those freqs. Looks like it is off the air right now.

nermel

Why they don't just integrate that system into OKWIN is beyond me.

Yes, wasn't super strong where I live, left unitrunker on for a day or two in February, only saw 3 talkgroups.

It would make sense to integrate their 4 frequencies into OKWIN, but there may be an issue with where their license covers, power levels, etc that may preclude them from being integrated with existing sites in OKC. That is just speculation on my part.

Status
Not open for further replies.