• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Uv6

Status
Not open for further replies.

blastco2

Anyone know how to turn on the audio inversion on this ht? If it is in the programming software, i can't find it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

blastco2

It is advertised as such, even states it on the package/box. However, it also claims 8 watts on the sticker in the battery compartment. When the power is toggled, the radio states 1 or 5 watts. Measures 5 watts on my meter. So, the scramble function may well be a lie also.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
It is advertised as such, even states it on the package/box. However, it also claims 8 watts on the sticker in the battery compartment. When the power is toggled, the radio states 1 or 5 watts. Measures 5 watts on my meter. So, the scramble function may well be a lie also.

The whole radio is garbage, do some reading. :wink: 73, n9zas

Evgeni

Oh look! Another Bao basher.

Some of these Chinese radios have scramblers, others don't.

Even if it says it has a scrambler on the box, it might not.

Even radios that do have scramblers might not have the same kind. A Leixen 898's scrambler doesn't work with the Baofeng 888.

khaytsus

Even radios that do have scramblers might not have the same kind. A Leixen 898's scrambler doesn't work with the Baofeng 888.

No-code lid that sits around waiting for a Baofeng post so he can piss and moan about how terrible they are. Just put him on your ignore list on the forum and quieten his noise..

gewecke

Banned

Some of these china toys have 4 null points in the menu for the inversion scrambler, a few even have 8. But if they're not correct then one model will be useles to the next. Learning how they function is the trick. The rest of the radio is AGAIN garbage, and in most cases illegal in the U.S. for our purposes. By all rights, should not even be allowed in our ports! I buy them at garage sales often, just so I can destroy them so others in my community aren't using them without a license. Yep, I'm a china toy trasher and quite proud of it! : . 73, n9zas

gewecke

Banned
No-code lid that sits around waiting for a Baofeng post so he can piss and moan about how terrible they are. Just put him on your ignore list on the forum and quieten his noise..
At least I'm licensed, my noise will just get LOUDer. :). 73, n9zas

DickH

You don't know the first thing about the UV-6.
It makes a good Hi-Band and 450-520MHz scanner for conventional freqs. It can scan 8 separate groups of 16 freqs. Sensitivity is as good or better than most scanners and the audio is much better than most scanners.

gewecke

Banned
It makes a good Hi-Band and 450-520MHz scanner for conventional freqs. It can scan 8 separate groups of 16 freqs. Sensitivity is as good or better than most scanners and the audio is much better than most scanners.
I HAVE a uv6 in my roller rack waiting for my next trip to the range dick! I only wish I had a few more, they're great targets. :twisted: 73, n9zas

gewecke

Banned
. Dick, if you ever had the pleasure of using a loaded Xts5000 for a day, you'd NEVER touch chinese Crap again ! Someday maybe you can play with Real radios, eh? :D. 73, n9zas

blastco2

Did you ever think maybe these radios fit a niche? As in, for my use, the chance of losing it is rather high. I'd much rather lose a $30 radio than a several hundred $ kenwood.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

DickH

. Dick, if you ever had the pleasure of using a loaded Xts5000 for a day, you'd NEVER touch chinese Crap again ! Someday maybe you can play with Real radios, eh? :D. 73, n9zas

I have an MTS 2000 on our trunked system. It gets used 2-6 times a day when I get paged and roll out to fires.

gewecke

Banned
I have an MTS 2000 on our trunked system. It gets used 2-6 times a day when I get paged and roll out to fires.
Well, good. I'm glad you have something decent to use then. Radios like that, come with responsibilities requiring owners NOT to lose them or fall into the wrong hands. Yeah, who cares about a $30 radio ... BUT what would you rather drive, a 15 year old rust box Or something you're happy to be seen in? The Same idea applies here. I trust my Kenwood Tk350 I wear almost every day. Older, but trustworthy ! ;). 73, n9zas

blastco2

Maybe, just maybe, someday, we can, each and eveyone of us, achieve the nirvana of perfection that n9zas has.

Status
Not open for further replies.