PSR-800: Need Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimg

Premium Subscriber
This morning, I turned on my PSR 800 and once the opening screen came on it would not go past that or even turn off, or do anything else. This evening I tried to reboot it on the computer, and took out and reinstalled the SD card and now this message is on the screen:

-Error Detected-
Please see User
Guide for more
information.
Code: 3-01
00000002 0011

Any idea what this means and any suggestions on how to fix it?

PLEASE ADVISE and thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

rivardj

Premium Subscriber
Have you actually followed the instructions on the screen and looked in the user guide?

jimg

Premium Subscriber
I looked in the Wiki and found the user manual for this scanner. I took the SD card out again and now the message is gone and the first problem from this morning is back. I turn on the scanner and it shows: GRECOM EZ Scan-SD DIGITAL (followed by a signal bar graphic.)
Again, any help would be greatly appreciated!

jimg

Premium Subscriber
I unplugged the scanner from the computer and then plugged it back in. It shows the correct time and date on the screen and when I press the power button it shows it is updating, goes to the welcome screen, as shown above, and will go no further.

jimg

Premium Subscriber
Thank you for forwarding the manual. (I think it may be time to upgrade to the TRX-1!)

marksmith

The trx1 will do the same as your 800 after a while. All scanners utilizing an SD card eventually go bonkers until your format and/or replace the card.

For whatever reason, your 800 can no longer read yours.

Mark
WS1095/536/436/996P2/HP1e/HP2e/996XT/325P2/396XT/PRO668/PSR800/PRO652

jimg

Premium Subscriber
The trx1 will do the same as your 800 after a while. All scanners utilizing an SD card eventually go bonkers until your format and/or replace the card.

For whatever reason, your 800 can no longer read yours.

Mark

OK, so what should I do now?

marksmith

Either reformat the card and copy the data back to it, or get a new card and do same.

SD cards only last so long in terms of number of read/write iterations. They need to be replaced periodically.

Mark

jimg

Premium Subscriber
Either reformat the card and copy the data back to it, or get a new card and do same.

SD cards only last so long in terms of number of read/write iterations. They need to be replaced periodically.

Mark

Thanks, Mark.

jimg

Premium Subscriber
Is there any place I could order a new SD Card for the GRE PSR 800 that is already formatted, like the one that came with this scanner.

Ed6698

Is there any place I could order a new SD Card for the GRE PSR 800 that is already formatted, like the one that came with this scanner.

Just about any store that sell any type of electronics sells SD cards. Formatting a card is easily done with a Windows computer. Personally myself I will only buy SD cards from a reputable brick and mortar store, as there are fakes being sold online from what I understand from less reputable places or people seeking the cheapest price possible.

jimg

Premium Subscriber
Just about any store that sell any type of electronics sells SD cards. Formatting a card is easily done with a Windows computer. Personally myself I will only buy SD cards from a reputable brick and mortar store, as there are fakes being sold online from what I understand from less reputable places or people seeking the cheapest price possible.

That is what I had thought of doing, but since I upgraded to Windows 10, my computer won't recognize the scanner. I think I'm going to see what I can get for it on a trade for a new TX-1. Thanks for all the helpful replies!

AC2OY

I upgraded to Windows 10 and my computer sees both the 800 and the 536. There is a archived thread on here about a work around to get the driver. I was lucky enough to not have to do that. I hope you get it to work.

N8IAA

That is what I had thought of doing, but since I upgraded to Windows 10, my computer won't recognize the scanner. I think I'm going to see what I can get for it on a trade for a new TX-1. Thanks for all the helpful replies!

Do you have the original CD that came with the radio? If so, put it in the PC and let it load the driver for you.
Larry

jimg

Premium Subscriber
Do you have the original CD that came with the radio? If so, put it in the PC and let it load the driver for you.
Larry

I think I do. I will look for it today. If I find it, should I first delete the EZ scan that is on there now?

Please advise and thanks!

Swipesy

I think I do. I will look for it today. If I find it, should I first delete the EZ scan that is on there now?

Please advise and thanks!

I have had my PSR-800 since September 2012 and never had an issue with it until a month ago when the original SD Card failed. I have replaced the original SD card with a 2gb ScanDisk Card and no more issues.

Unless you want to scan DMR and NXDN you are throwing away your money by purchasing a TRX-1 or 2. The 800 is perfectly servicable. Here in NE Ohio we have 9 different trunk systems of all types and the 800 works perfectly.

Your issues are 2. (1) a bad SD Card (2) Windows 10. The scanner and EZScan are fine. I suggest the following for you.

1. Buy a new SDCard 2- 4 GB. Format the new card with your present EZScan software. Hopefully you have a SDCard reader to do the formatting.
2. Copy your present EZScan configuration to the SDCard while in the reader.
3. Put card back in the scanner and you should be good to go.
4. As to Windows 10 and your scanner there are several good posts on here as to how to get Windows 10 and your scanner to talk to each other.

Hope this does the trick for you.

N8IAA

Tennessee is loaded with NXDN. The TRX series would be beneficial for monitoring.
Yes, get rid of the older EZScan that is on your computer. When you put in the CD, it will load the software and the drivers for the scanner.
You'll have to upload what is on the SD card to the software afterwards. Make sure you check for updates to the software, DSP. CPU, and library.
This should help.
Larry

jimg

Premium Subscriber
Larry

As you advised, I put the original CD that came with the radio, put it in the PC, and it loaded the drive, as you said. I had already purchased a new SD card, as I think "Mark" suggested, (16 GB,-smallest one I could find), from BestBuy and then copied the info. from the computer to the scanner. Turned it on and it is working great, just like before the SD card went bad. Just wanted to say THANKS TO ALL OF YOU HERE ON THIS RR FORUM FOR ALL YOUR HELP! I DO APPRECIATE IT!

jimg

Status
Not open for further replies.