BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Anyone in Canada been able to pre-buy the DMR option

Status
Not open for further replies.

phyberoptics

Premium Subscriber
I'm trying to place an order online (order 282163) in case Paul Opitz happens to see this. The transaction keeps failing (bad address). Called Uniden support, they tell me it's because I'm using a Canadian credit card and their system doesn't support Canadian credit cards.

I *really* want to give Uniden more of my money, but can't because I'm not in 'Murica. :roll:

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I'm trying to place an order online (order 282163) in case Paul Opitz happens to see this. The transaction keeps failing (bad address). Called Uniden support, they tell me it's because I'm using a Canadian credit card and their system doesn't support Canadian credit cards.

I *really* want to give Uniden more of my money, but can't because I'm not in 'Murica. :roll:

Check these links:

http://forums.radioreference.com/un...9-discuss-dmr-upgrade-here-7.html#post2575650

http://forums.radioreference.com/2576126-post350.html

phyberoptics

Premium Subscriber
"Due to rampant credit card fraud on international cards, it it unlikely that our US-based card processor will be changing their policy. :("

So Canada is left out? Awesome. I guess I'll be switching to Whistler unless there is another option.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
No, I didn't scroll through 57+ pages of thread to find my answer. LOL

That first link in my post leads directly to a post by UPMan giving you some other options for you to get upgrade keys... no "scrolling" is necessary.

ve3zo

I was able to purchase using my credit card without an issue. However I purchased as soon as the pre-release orders were accepted. So they may have changed the policy in the days after due to fraud.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
"Due to rampant credit card fraud on international cards, it it unlikely that our US-based card processor will be changing their policy. :("

This refers to overseas (EU, UK, etc) cards, not Canadian ones. Canadian cards work just fine. Contact Uniden for assistance or use one of the other options for purchasing a key.

Status
Not open for further replies.