One Radio setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Priority-One

Anonymous participant
Banned
Hello all from New York City.

Having been a college student and resident of Harlem for 15 years, I've learned to keep it simple.

I recently purchased a Motorola XTS2000 UHF 450-520mhz.

It's of amazing quality and very durable.
The audio is amazing.

It's set to RX personality only and I have every borough covered for police, fire and ems and the occasional ambulance service.

I use a pryme Bluetooth audio adapter and a axgio Bluetooth ear piece for discrete listening.

976cf20ecb34cd1ec8077e6faaf96149.jpg
8c3029ed13e9972bc8db44697cbab8fe.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blackink

If you get more than one radio/scanner, you might have to change your name:
Priority-Two......Priority-Three....., etc.....? lolol

Priority-One

Anonymous participant
Banned
Haha. I don't have enough room in my small studio for more than my xts.

It's not my first radio. I still have my kenwood tk380 that I used for a few years and before that was an ht1250.

I'm very happy with the xts, but thinking of trading or selling to get a Motorola xpr7550 for NYC scanning and DMR.

sefrischling

Public Information Officer
The XTS2500 is a great radio, I run one VHF and one 800mhz ... along with a few XTS3000 and Astro Saber Radios. You made a good selection there.

Might I suggest picking up a second? NYC is a busy place, I spent many years working the overnight shift as a news photog there, so listening to PD and FD separately makes a huge difference.

Priority-One

Anonymous participant
Banned
I was thinking of getting a uniden BCD436HP for trunking, DMR and multi listening. I currently don't use the scan function on the xts because of the sound it makes when you turn the scan on, it seems to cut out the transmission by a few mS. But if I could afford another, I'd jump right on it. It seems 450-512mhz is a bit more expensive. DMR decoding is next for me.

WatnNY

Database Admin
Database Admin
It's simple and it works for you, and that's all that matters!

I have friends in NYC who have a scanner for each borough for police, fire and ems - in other words they have 20 scanners going at one time!

Mike

Priority-One

Anonymous participant
Banned
I'd go crazy! But it seems like fun listening, I find using the cps is fun and challenging and fine tuning on cps tuner is also fun.

sefrischling

Public Information Officer
It's simple and it works for you, and that's all that matters!

I have friends in NYC who have a scanner for each borough for police, fire and ems - in other words they have 20 scanners going at one time!

Mike

When I shot news full-time in NYC my old Chevy Blazer had 9 scanners. I covered 4 boros, Nassau, at times Westchester, and Jersey City & Newark. 9 radios is what it took to effectively cover news.

Priority-One

Anonymous participant
Banned
That must have been such a fun job.
I don't take my xts out because I'm afraid to get it confiscated and a ticket. I'd love to take my camera and radio out at night

mancow

Database Admin
That must have been such a fun job.
I don't take my xts out because I'm afraid to get it confiscated and a ticket. I'd love to take my camera and radio out at night

Confiscated?

Sounds like a wonderful place to live. WTF

Priority-One

Anonymous participant
Banned
It's illegal in NYC to scan police and fire if you don't have press credentials or permission. So I scan indoors mostly or try to use my Bluetooth and adapter when outside

Priority-One

Anonymous participant
Banned
I've been working on it. I'm gonna find a class this fall in NYC to take the test

Status
Not open for further replies.