Phone App FD Cad/pagers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering if there are any apps out there that will display address and unit information or general pager info for fire agencies? For example for Pierce County? Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
There is a great app which I use called PulsePoint Respond. Check the site to see if your area is covered, I know Seattle is. If not maybe you can encourage your county to participate in this life saving program. There are more areas added all the time.

You can receive alerts on your smartphone as well as your PC.

Last edited:

FFSOD7189

Retired Fire Lieutenant
Premium Subscriber
A lot of Departments use a phone App. called Active911, this does require permission for subscription.

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
I was wondering if there are any apps out there that will display address and unit information or general pager info for fire agencies? For example for Pierce County? Thanks.
All of these paging/alerting apps for smartphones/tablets/PCs require that the dispatching agency send a digital message to the app provider which in turn sends the alert notice out to any user registered for that specific fire/ems/whatever agency.

We had Active911 running here for a year. My ambulance squad first had to create an account with Active911. Then we had to coordinate with our local 911 dispatch center to insure that the proper message was being sent from 911 to Active911. Then we registered each smartphone with Active911 before it could receive the alerts. So only authorized phones can receive alerts for a specific agency.

The point here being that only folks affiliated with or authorized by an agency can actually receive alerts via these apps.

My county is using Impact Texting as part of their Impact CAD system. Basically, it sends an SMS to registered phones for each alert. But again, the phone is registered via the agency to the dispatch center. In our case, I maintain a small Excel file of our members and their phone info. When we get a new member or lose a member, I send an update to the Fire Coordinator who in turn sends that to the local 911 CAD administrator.

Status
Not open for further replies.