Larimer County

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spirit

Premium Subscriber
I heard LCSO go to I believe they said Tac-8 Channel 9 so they could talk to LPD on an incident. Does anyone know the TG for this channel and freq? I heard on Larimer County Search & Rescue go to Star 22 or something like that. Does anyone know what TG and freq this might be?

lsmith8706

Premium Subscriber
I heard LCSO go to I believe they said Tac-8 Channel 9 so they could talk to LPD on an incident. Does anyone know the TG for this channel and freq? I heard on Larimer County Search & Rescue go to Star 22 or something like that. Does anyone know what TG and freq this might be?
The "star" channel was SAR 2, which is their primary channel when in the field. They have SAR 1, which is a repeated channel and SAR 3 which is radio to radio like SAR 2. I have no idea what LCSO might have been referring to.

Spirit

Premium Subscriber
ISmith, one of the SAR I have is TG is 9167, which SAR is this 1, 2 or 3? What is the other 2 SAR's TG's?

lsmith8706

Premium Subscriber
Sorry, I should have specified. LCSAR only has one DTRS channel. SAT 1, 2, and 3 are vhf channels because DTRS is worthless in the mountains, especially on a handheld.

lsmith8706

Premium Subscriber
The more i think about the first part of your question, I'm betting they were switching to one of the larimer county mac channels, which are all on the DTRS. I don't have the tg numbers handy, but they're all listed on radio reference.

radio

Premium Subscriber
I hear CSFD loud and clear on DTRS and El Paso SAR both on DTRS and VHF when they are high up in the Front Range here.

Last edited:

lsmith8706

Premium Subscriber
Generally speaking, everyone sticks to the DTRS, with the back up being an older VHF channel. Coverage is tricky around here, even in spots that seem like they should be covered. I don't monitor the 8tac frequencies very often, so I don't know who actually uses them around here.

poltergeisty

Truth is a force of nature
Banned
This is what it shows in the database.

4054 fd6 D LRMR CO MA-1 Larimer County Mutual Aid-1 Interop
4055 fd7 D LRMR CO MA-2 Larimer County Mutual Aid-2 Interop
4056 fd8 D LRMR CO MA-3 Larimer County Mutual Aid-3 Interop
4057 fd9 D LRMR CO MA-4 Larimer County Mutual Aid-4

Spirit

Premium Subscriber
poltergeisty I had all these in, I hit them on I think MA-4 then they went to officer secure channel so Loveland PD could talk to LCSO and never heard anything again encrypt or not. I think they said go to Tac-8 channel 9 but not 100% sure. I don't have a Tac-8 for either one

poltergeisty

Truth is a force of nature
Banned
First I ever heard a Tac 8 or channel 9 myself. Using Unitrunker while monitoring the system would have said what TGID they used given that fact the RID would show up. Looks like perhaps this is an undocumented talk group to me.

LPD do have a channel 5 and 6 which is always used for SWAT and is encrypted. Which makes me wonder what happened to channel 7?

Oh! I guess just going into the control channel monitor mode and listening to everything would have yielded the talk group.

These are apparently all encrypted, I don't know as I don't monitor them.

9152 23c0 E LRMR SO TAC3 Larimer County Sheriff Tactical-3 Law Tac
9153 23c1 E LRMR SO TAC4 Larimer County Sheriff Tactical-4 Law Tac
9154 23c2 E LRMR SO INV Larimer County Sheriff Investigations Law Tac
9155 23c3 E LRMR SO SWAT Larimer County Sheriff SWAT

But if you were to use Unitrunker and monitor the RID that went to this so-called Tac-8, you could see if he went to one of those talk groups.

Last edited:

wyomingmedic

Generally speaking, everyone sticks to the DTRS, with the back up being an older VHF channel. Coverage is tricky around here, even in spots that seem like they should be covered. I don't monitor the 8tac frequencies very often, so I don't know who actually uses them around here.

Might be worth monitoring them. I drive through the front range a couple times a week (Live up in Laramie WY) and hear traffic on the 8tacs fairly often. I'm not familiar enough with the agencies to know who is talking, but the repeaters must be located on some of the DTRS sites due to excellent coverage across large areas.

lsmith8706

Premium Subscriber
I'll add them. It hasn't really crossed my mind until this thread, to be honest.

Spirit

Premium Subscriber
First time I ever heard a Tac-8 for Larimer County SO. It was like a mutual aid with Loveland PD. When they went there I never heard them anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.