FMP24 Squelch

Status
Not open for further replies.

towerboy

Feed Provider
I use FMP24 for P25 but also it would be nice to use it for analog fm to considering how lightweight the program is. For the sake of my sanity, is there a way to set the squelch level in this program? Thanks...

Jeremy

M105

Using it in conjunction with DSD+ fastlane version you might be able to use the monitoring modes. Never tried it myself...
----
DSD+ 1.114 New Features
-----------------------

DSD+: Added raw source audio monitoring modes

The -m<num> command line option and the M/m active keys select one of the five
available monitoring modes:

0: never monitor

disables raw source audio monitoring

1: monitor if no sync and a signal is present (**)

enables monitoring if DSD+ is not detecting known sync patterns
AND noise content is low enough to indicate the presence of a signal

garys

Premium Subscriber
Does DSD+ process analog audio? I think the OP wants to use FMP24 in place of SDR and just listen to analog.

Using it in conjunction with DSD+ fastlane version you might be able to use the monitoring modes. Never tried it myself...
----
DSD+ 1.114 New Features
-----------------------

DSD+: Added raw source audio monitoring modes

The -m<num> command line option and the M/m active keys select one of the five
available monitoring modes:

0: never monitor

disables raw source audio monitoring

1: monitor if no sync and a signal is present (**)

enables monitoring if DSD+ is not detecting known sync patterns
AND noise content is low enough to indicate the presence of a signal

M105

I have never used the feature so I could be very wrong but it appears to me from reading the text file that monitoring mode 1 would monitor if no sync (digital signal it can understand) is detected but there is a signal present. I interpret that to mean it would turn the speakers on for an analog signal or any digital signal it could not decode. There is a bit more about this mode in the file about noise levels etc.

Perhaps someone who has tried it or has a better understanding of the monitoring option can chime in and explain it.

slicerwizard

I've used the latest DSD+ (2.10) with an FMP24 scanlist and if DSD+ is in monitoring mode 1, FMP24 does stop and hold on analog channels until they dekey. So a scanlist with analog (or a mix of analog and digital) voice channels can be scanned.

DSDPlus

FMP24 v2.11 has built in squelch. For analog monitoring - single channel or a scan list - you can now use only FMP24, no DSD+. It will reduce system load. Minimize the spectrum window when not needed for more load reduction.

Status
Not open for further replies.