Cape May County 700 MHz Project 25 TRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaymatt1978

County Prosecutors and Middlde Township ONLY. Cape May City, Lower Township, Wildwoods haven't switch yet. So the countywide trunking system hasn't quite gotten off the groundW~!

Monoxide16

Alrighty thank you for the info. Do you think the rest of the county will be on by the summer time? Thank you for info. Gonna miss listening to the shore towns come summer time and those frequencies guessing they will be encrypted.

jaymatt1978

I'm close to the cops in Cape May and if something big were happening I would at least have an idea. This is just PERSONAL SPECULATION but even the county 700MHz trunked system would only happen if they got a receiver (or whatever) in either Cape May or Lower Twsp. I'll keep folks posted

PM08203

Premium Subscriber

Could someone clarify.....are we talking about the NJ 700 system of a separate 700 system operated by Cape May County.....

W2SJW

Database Admin
Separate that will either be cross-tied into the NJICS, or that will use the state's site controller (like Union County did), but most likely the first scenario.

jaymatt1978

Ok I have some more info, and this is second hand so don't hold me to it. I think Scott's right they're going to go the Union County route, build out their county system, then tie it into the NJICS system. Supposedly they're building a new COUNTYWIDE EOC and dispatch center by Cape May County Airport in Lower Township. I'm betting NOTHING is going to happen until the new EOC is completed. Oh side note the county has started dispatching Lower Township. Lower Township is still using 155.4900 as their dispatch channel. I'm waiting for that frequency to go silent, until that happens, I don't think anything more

W2SJW

Database Admin
West Wildwood is not a jurisdiction by itself. There's only Wildwood, North Wildwood, and Wildwood Crest.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

CastorLB

Premium Subscriber
West Wildwood is a borough unto itself. It has it's own police and fire departments and i believe Wildwood City Fire EMS provides EMS services. Wildwood City does provide dispatch services.

Status
Not open for further replies.