Bought my first scanner - now the fun begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbryant76

I bought a Uniden 436hp.

Should be here within a week, looking forward to discovering all kinds of things (I live in Cincinnati). Should be a fun hobby and a good way to stay aware, especially in these crazy times we are living in.

-Rick

pinballwiz86

Premium Subscriber
You're gonna love your new scanner Rick! Don't forget to stop back and tell us all about it. If you find any frequencies that are not in the database be sure to ID them and them submit them to the website.

Nutes

Premium Subscriber
New Scanner Experience

Hey I just bought the little cousin of the 436 in the form of the 325P2. Allot of fun. The more you get into it the more you just can't put the dang things down.

russellmaher

KC1ANC
Welcome to this wonderful hobby. I hope you enjoy your new scanner. I too love the 436, it's a terrific unit. Let us know when you get it and start listening to your local agencies, and if you have questions, don't hesitate to ask. Lots of members here are willing to help.

Russell

habsfan70

Premium Subscriber
Rick,
Sentinal is great and extremely user friendly. Despite its issues I found the 436 to be an excellent scanner. There is not much it won't pick up. Remember to check that your range is set to 40, you are receiving all the service types, and your squelch is set to a reasonably low setting. if you do that it will perform quite well. Enjoy the hobby.

Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.