Cases now available - TRX-1, WS1080 and WS1088

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
I highly recommend these! The scanners without it are very slippery, and could easily be dropped.

Ed6698

I think I will go ahead and get one of these in the near future. I take real good care of my WS1080, but a person will never know when it will happen and it gets dropped or knocked over. Inside the house I probably won't use it much, but I do take it to a couple destinations at times and then it will be on.

SCPD

QRT
When are the colored inserts going to be available?I kind of wanted a color besides Brown,I like the gray though.Florescent Yellow or Orange would be nice,so you dont lose it. I was told brown,gray,pink and green are the colors available.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
Wendy, how about a CLEAR back plate option, so that customers can put their own pictures or scan lists or whatever under that............:)

Paul

D

darunimal

Wendy, how about a CLEAR back plate option, so that customers can put their own pictures or scan lists or whatever under that............:)

Paul

I Second that motion. Motion Carries, right?

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
The clear back plate could easily be used as a template to lay over a picture or graphic to mark it for scissors cutting. :-D

Also, how about a SMOOTH or Motorola textured version in black that we can send out to those two way radio engravers to put our names or whatever on.

Paul

AggieCon

Premium Subscriber
I ordered one earlier. If it saves my scanner from otherwise destruction, it'll be well worth it. Not that I'm easy on mine either; it's pretty solid. I do, however, have a screen protector, and recommend that everyone protect the LCD screen area.

Are you guys really going to walk around with your cheat sheet showing? IMO a nice looking case is better looking than some homemade graphic or print out behind a plastic protector. Perhaps you want to make your own sticker: https://www.stickermule.com/custom-stickers

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
I want a glow in the dark one, or a 3M reflective one, so I can find it in the dark :)

Nice to know my PRO106 belt clip is available on Whistler, and just found that it is interchangeable with the dumb swivel clip. The flat non rotating clip and naked TRX-1 feels "right" in the hand.

Paul

eddie8965

If it was free shipping...id have ordered one...but 12.00 to ship ..wow...but I love the way whistler is coming in with a vengeance...new scanners...free dmr...cases...remote software...very aggressive

WhistlerWendy

Premium Subscriber
Here is a small tip on the cases.

To remove the case, remove the plastic insert first. It will make it much easier to remove.
The case is a bit stiff at first but should become a bit more pliable as you use it.

Last edited by a moderator:

AggieCon

Premium Subscriber
Well you can bet that I'm returning that case as soon as I get it. By the way, Whislter won't divert packages once they are shipped. Matt claims that you can't talk to the warehouse and that only the warehouse has access to the UPS account.

In case you missed it, the following topics were censored form this thread to modify the public perception of the Whistler projects:

• 1080 owner with antenna connector that failed and his successful home fix
  • Pictures of the new method that Whistler attaches the antenna
  • A discussion of the back plates being clear
  • A discussion about spreading scanners to others
Come to think of it, it was kinda silly for me to order it in the first place. For free, I provided a DMR database that hundreds of Whistler scanner owners are utilizing, which, frankly, is saving the DMR upgrade from being practically worthless. And soon RR will have in their proprietary database all the active frequencies and talkgroups from the information gained from my website. Yet neither entity has said a word about it, let alone donate. At the very least, I should think they would send me a scanner case my way!

The same can't be said for Uniden, by the way.

Have fun while it lasts gang.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
Well you can bet that I'm returning that case as soon as I get it. By the way, Whislter won't divert packages once they are shipped. Matt claims that you can't talk to the warehouse and that only the warehouse has access to the UPS account.

In case you missed it, the following topics were censored form this thread to modify the public perception of the Whistler projects:

• 1080 owner with antenna connector that failed and his successful home fix
  • Pictures of the new method that Whistler attaches the antenna
  • A discussion of the back plates being clear
  • A discussion about spreading scanners to others
Come to think of it, it was kinda silly for me to order it in the first place. For free, I provided a DMR database that hundreds of Whistler scanner owners are utilizing, which, frankly, is saving the DMR upgrade from being practically worthless. And soon RR will have in their proprietary database all the active frequencies and talkgroups from the information gained from my website. Yet neither entity has said a word about it, let alone donate. At the very least, I should think they would send me a scanner case my way!

The same can't be said for Uniden, by the way.

Have fun while it lasts gang.

One public warning...this thread is about cases, not antenna connectors or spreading scanners(???). The clear back plate was left in place.

And to be clear, neither Whistler,Wendy, Lindsay, Uniden or ANYONE asked/told/whatever me to clean up this thread. I did it so others can read about the cases, not to "modify the public perception of Whistler". I gain absolutely NOTHING by doing this, no free scanner, no free case, no fee premium subscription (yeah, I have to pay for that). I cleaned it up so others don't have to read all the crap that has absolutely nothing to do with cases.

Last edited:

Joseph11

One public warning...this thread is about cases, not antenna connectors or spreading scanners(???). The clear back plate was left in place.

And to be clear, neither Whistler,Wendy, Lindsay, Uniden or ANYONE asked/told/whatever me to clean up this thread. I did it so others can read about the cases, not to "modify the public perception of Whistler". I gain absolutely NOTHING by doing this, no free scanner, no free case, no fee premium subscription (yeah, I have to pay for that). I cleaned it up so others don't have to read all the crap that has absolutely nothing to do with cases.

Thank you for cleaning up the thread!

trido

Retired
Premium Subscriber
No what you need to do and i asked more than once why dont we have a whistler tavern all his post here should have been moved to the tavern. Oh we dont have one.

Status
Not open for further replies.