TRX-2 Ordered - Help on EZ-SCAN Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

rvacs

Premium Subscriber
So I ordered a TRX-2 - used to be a Bearcat / Sentinel user so this Whistler / EZ-Scan is new to me.

I understand how to LIBRARY IMPORT A TRUNK SYSTEM.

On the TRUNKED RADIO SYSTEMS screen - how does one choose the channels and bring it into the Play List?

I SURE WISH someone would give K4DPS one of these so he can put out a GOOD VIDEO on EZ-SCAN Programming. I think if everyone saw this there would be higher knowledge and understanding of these radios.

Wendy are you listening?

SCPD

QRT
K4DPS does have a WS1095,That has ezscan,ask him on youtube to make a video of using the software,he seems like a nice chap!

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
Download the software from the Whistler site, on the import screen choose preference and it will let you dial down on each trunked system you want, can drill down to sites then talkgroups, with checkmarks available for all of these. Choosing a location seems to only import conventional stuff.

Paul

D

darunimal

Then put the in number each channel on the right into the Scansets, it's more a grab and share approach w the Whistlers the scansets are closer to Favorites in Unidens and scan list are closer to Systems. It's different than Unidens and you'll appreciate it later, I'm assured.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
If you have a LOT of channels/talkgroups, you can highlight all or some of them at the same time, then double click the scan list of one of the highlighted, and assign them the same scan list in bulk.

Paul

D

darunimal

It's time to write a Wiki Uniden to Whistler and Whistler to Uniden.

rvacs

Premium Subscriber
Thanks guys...want to get this interface down. I am anxious to try my TRX-2 but want to know the programming side a bit first.

AggieCon

Premium Subscriber
Don't get too anxious. Just take it slow and don't get frustrated. It takes some experience to get it all down. You won't be an expert on day one. Or even for the first month, for that matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.