TRX-1 programing issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

set41249

My frustration level is approaching defcon-5with this software. I am trying to MANUALLY program the scanner since I don't like the way the libraries are organized. I programed the NJICS system for union County, NJ as a project 25 system. I need to change the site sub-type and there is NO WAY I can find to do it. I'm about to put this thing back in the box it came in and send it back to where it came from, or just running it over with the left front tire of my car would make me feel better! 5 hours+ of wasted time!

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
You might as well get used to the way things are done now all new scanners of this type work the same. I at 58 find it very easy to copy from the LIBRARY to the PLAYLIST on the scanner or the SOFTWARE. It is just like looking up the information here in the RR database. Is this your first scanner of this type?

Nasby

The days of manually programming a scanner are quickly coming to an end (unless you have about three days with nothing else to do).

I always enjoyed manual programming too but with most modern radio systems its just way too cumbersome and tedious to do.

Taking some time to learn the software by trail and error along with watching YouTube videos and following posts here on RR reference will do wonders.

D

darunimal

Click the TSYS and the actually click on the Site on the bottom left of the TRS page, it's more a grab and share approach w the Whistlers the scansets are closer to Favorites in Unidens and scan list are closer to Systems. It's different than Unidens and you'll appreciate it later, I'm assured.

SCPD

QRT
you can also

You can also import your stuff from a Text file like talkgroups and Radio ID's as long as you have the advanced tab and all the options checked on the top upper right next to help. Its not hard,dont give up that quickly.And dont think the Uniden software is going to be any easier!The 436/536 have crummy airband and 400MHZ reception so that would add to your woes.Oh P.S I set my threshhold to 0 and 99 and this thing is crystal clear on the PSIC system,yes I had the 536HP and the 436HP they are gone now......I set the site for the control channel only and set the site nearest to me,which is West Orange,other sites are locked out.You need to stick with it,so it pays off,otherwise you would have given up the ship!

RPETER

TRX-1 programming issues

Yes, I am one of that group who was comfortable manually programming the older analog scanners but the new stuff like my TRX-1 is a whole other animal. Some how I managed to bump off the "Set Location" on the menu and so far can't get it back.
I did however manage to get the EZ scan up and running by resurecting one of our older PC's (we use Mac now) and am now experimenting. So far I have been able to populate some of the scan lists with what I want and can now do some focused scanning which is encouraging.
Lots more to figure out.

RPETER

Programming issues

Ok. I got the" Set Location" back on my TRX-1 screen menu. I went on Global settings and clicked "Default Vals" as an experiment and it came back. Lot more stuff to still figure out.

TAbirdman

Ok. I got the" Set Location" back on my TRX-1 screen menu. I went on Global settings and clicked "Default Vals" as an experiment and it came back. Lot more stuff to still figure out.

If it happens again simply go to Program menu/Global settings/Arrow up to Location Select and make sure its checked.

RPETER

TRX-1 programming issues

Well, I am making progress on using my new TRX-1. Got the Set Location back -- thank you TAbirdman.

Using the ezscan I imported onto Scanlist 001 my local town conventional frequencies and it works great.

I then imported onto Scanlist 002 The Massachusetts State Police statewide motorola system and that works great as well.

My third effort onto Scanlist 003 was The Commonwealth of Massachusetts State wide P25 system. This is fairly new and is probably the beginning of gradually converting the State completely over to digital. This is what motivated me to invest in this new scanner technology.

The import seemed to go ok and I checked the scan list and it appears to be all there. When scanning 003 no signals received. It's scanning but the P25 is silent. I've been going through the manual but I find it not an easy read. Any thoughts?

Thanks

RPETER

trx-1 programming issues

Good point. Based on the area's and agencies the new system covers the closest is 22 miles away.

Thanks

RPETER

trx-1 programming issues

As it would appear that I am out of range for the new P25 system towers in my location I was starting to panic that my new TRX-1 could not receive digital. Panic over. I programmed in Military and Federal and am now receiving digital. The local military firing range is covered on a digital system which I get loud and clear. What's really cool is our Son is in an the Army Military Police and his company routinely drills there so we can listen to the activity.

Status
Not open for further replies.