Help programing this system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tryton

For some reason, I'm just getting some buzzing. How do you program this system in on my 536HP?

System

I tried entering it in conventional mode to no avail..

CanesFan95

Do you have the DMR upgrade done on the scanner? Without it, buzzing is all you'll hear. If you do have the upgrade, then I'm wondering if you must program it as something other than conventional.

Tryton

Yep, got it on both my scanners :).. I think that must be it because im not hearing anything..

Bolt21

Spark Chariot Driver
Well, I'll take a stab at it. I'm still trying to master this DMR stuff, but here's my theory.

Try setting the system up as a DMR One Freq, and plug in the sites.

I could be wrong, but I don't think that you can monitor TGs when something is set up as conventional. I think you have to set it up as One Freq. And seeing as how this system has TGs, that's how I'd do it.

Tryton

Well, I'll take a stab at it. I'm still trying to master this DMR stuff, but here's my theory.

Try setting the system up as a DMR One Freq, and plug in the sites.

I could be wrong, but I don't think that you can monitor TGs when something is set up as conventional. I think you have to set it up as One Freq. And seeing as how this system has TGs, that's how I'd do it.

Ok, ill give it a try when I get home from work today and will report back :)

Tryton

As promised, i'm reporting back.. It's been scanning for over 3 1/2 hours without a peep. Either no one in Pinellas county has key'ed up, or its programmed wrong. This really has me scratching my head. Usually, you would program conventional DMR as conventional freqs.. but this system has talk groups. I set it up both ways, Conventional failed, now it seems one trunk has as well. I will keep it scanning in the hopes something comes up, but I am at a total loss..

CanesFan95

DMR has talk group IDs, even if it's a conventional frequency (as opposed to a trunked DMR system like Capacity or Connect Plus). Either way, you will have talk group IDs.

A DMR frequency that is often busy at night in the Tampa area is 462.3000 (or 452.6125 or 463.3125 which all multicast the same talk groups). Each of these frequencies is a single-frequency Capacity Plus DMR trunking system.

Tryton

if anyone is having any luck monitoring this system, Let me know.. I have programmed it every way I know how to no avail.. I'm out of options..

Thanks Tryton

Status
Not open for further replies.