DMR Release and Last Chance for $50

Status
Not open for further replies.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
I've posted the DMR Release firmware to http://info.uniden.com/twiki/pub/UnidenMan4/DigitalMobileRadioUpgrade/DMR_Release.zip

Next week, I'll incorporate this version into the Sentinel update system so that it will appear for everyone who checks using Sentinel.

At that time, the cost for the upgrade will increase. So, if you've been holding back on purchasing the key, now would be a great time to pull the trigger.

This increase will not reflect the final, final price. We expect that full DMR support in the main database will be incorporated in mid- to late-August. And, then, there will be some additional time while additional systems get documented and updated at RadioReference. So, the final, final price will start being reflected around the beginning of October.

Thank you for all the feedback during the pre-release period. I was quite impressed with the positive, constructive feedback we received from all of you.

Also, we should all thank our tireless software engineer, who was up late nearly every night, and worked through the night on more than one occasion as he evaluated your reports and fixed, improved, and polished the final product. He is taking a few well-deserved days off.

mancow

Database Admin
Thank you and hopefully this is a model that can be followed for other firmware / features / product roll outs. I think for many of us the participation in the process is nearly as fun as using the actual product.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Thank You!

I want to chime in early here Paul. From a long time "senior" scanner enthusiast here, thank you for giving us this opportunity to "test-drive" a beta product. We have become accustomed to our Friday fixes and this might be our last...for now. You have given all of us an opportunity to be beta testers and I know you're not responding to all the complaints and quirks, but you are passing the findings along. Because of this I am now an owner of both the 436 & 536 and have been very happy with both scanners. I've even noticed an improvement in the P25 simulcast systems and have been able to enjoy monitoring Starcom like I haven't before.

I look forward to the future upgrades, but was missing a lot by not having the MotoTRBO capabilities. It has been a fun ride, and thank everyone you can along the way from all of us.

Tryton

Thank you Paul, and everyone at Uniden that contributed to this amazing upgrade! I really enjoyed looking for that Friday update.

garys

Premium Subscriber
There goes my chance at getting any work done this morning. ;)
And another $50.00!

Seriously, this is very good stuff from Uniden.

captainmax1

Premium Subscriber
Can't figure out where the firmware directory is so that I can copy the file to that folder as stated in the directions. I see a firmware folder in my 436. Is that where I copy the file to? There is no folder in my scanner that is named Firmware Directory. Need a quick response to this.

captainmax1

Premium Subscriber
The DMR upgrade seemed to go through alright but scanner won't let me enter the DMR Key I purchased. Keeps stating "Incorrect Key Entered", "Press Any Key". Something is wrong or I'm doing something wrong. The first letter of my key is F

garys

Premium Subscriber
Installation in the 436HP and of Sentinel went fine. I loaded two Con+ systems in my area and it works.

I like that I can see CC, Slot #, DMR type (Con, Cap) and other information on the display.

A couple of observations,

First, as I expected, this works differently than a SDR DSD+ set up. I have to figure out how to get the scanner to work as I want, which is going to take some time and adjustment to my information.

This brings me to something I'd like to see changed in the scanners overall. If I hold on an individual channel or talk group, I can scroll through to were I want. If I hold a site, department, or system, it's much more involved. Personally, I'd like the hold and scroll feature to work the same for channel, system, department, and talk group.But, that's just me.

The DMR audio is good, but there is inconsistency in the volume between talk groups. I'm holding on one site now and there is variation. There is variation between different units on the same talk group, so maybe it's a radio to radio variation and not related to the scanner.

Signal strength varies a bit, but I see the same thing on FMPA. There seems to be a fairly wide change in signal strength on 900 Mhz.

Finally, and again not directly DMR related. The 996XT had the ability to assign different start up keys to different trunk sites. That was very convenient because it allowed me to build a large system and only have to enter it once. If I was in different areas, I could just restart the scanner with a different start up key to enable and disable sites. I don't know if it's possible with the x36HP scanners, but it would make monitoring a large DMR trunk system much easier.

This is definitely a worthy upgrade and I'm off to buy the key for one of my 536HPs.

Again, thanks to Uniden, Paul, and the poor software engineer who can now be unchained from his desk.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
The DMR audio is good, but there is inconsistency in the volume between talk groups. I'm holding on one site now and there is variation. There is variation between different units on the same talk group, so maybe it's a radio to radio variation and not related to the scanner.

I don't know if you utilize the Volume Offset feature, but this does help. I also notice this is sometimes "user" error as some don't know how to speak into the radios, microphones etc.

greggk

Premium Subscriber
UPMAN, I have an issue that I cannot correct. I have tried registering my 436, but it will not accept it. I keep getting a failure of some type. Customer service said it was because the website had work being done and its okay now...but its not. Can I purchase the DMR software any other way? Thanks. Greg

Just tried again at 11:10 CDT. No luck. Thanks

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Please explain the issue you are having better. We are not and have not been working on the web site.

greggk

Premium Subscriber
Please explain the issue you are having better. We are not and have not been working on the web site.

Below is what I am getting today. This is a copy and paste below. The other issue is that sometimes it will let me log in then sends to to an "error" page.

You are not currently authorized to login to this site.

Below is a cut and paste of the response from Uniden:

Dear Valued Uniden Customer,

Unfortunately, there was an update on the website yesterday. Please try again as it is finished updating. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Thank you for Choosing Uniden!
Caleb
Uniden Tech Supervisor

greggk

Premium Subscriber
This is the other error I get

Error Executing Database Query.

[Macromedia][SQLServer JDBC Driver][SQLServer]Conversion failed when converting datetime from character string

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
I don't accept PMs (until I turned it off, I was flooded with PMs from people who could have just posted in an open forum).

I don't need your password. Just a login name.

I take it that you get that error when you try to log in...

Status
Not open for further replies.