Pinellas P25 monitoring from Pasco

Status
Not open for further replies.

ngel

Who on here is monitoring Pinellas P25 system from Pasco? How far north are you located and what do you do get this system to come with better reception? Are you able to pick up other sites besides 5 from your location? What scanner are you using?

Thank-you for you help in advance.

tampatracker

Who on here is monitoring Pinellas P25 system from Pasco? How far north are you located and what do you do get this system to come with better reception? Are you able to pick up other sites besides 5 from your location? What scanner are you using?

Thank-you for you help in advance.

This is not a direct answer to your question, but I am in South Tampa using a few different scanners, and the verdict on reception of Pinellas P25 here is that on the 436 using a R.S. 800 MHz rubber duck at ground level I get nothing. On the HP 2 it's a little better with audio setting on B and 7-8 and picking up all active sites with 5 being the best reception wise . The 1088 is the same as the 436. Hope this helps, T.T.

ngel

Pinellas system

That kinda helps my situation, i am using a pro-668 and the only way i can get great reception on this system is if i go out on my porch. The weird thing is i am only about 8 miles from the closest tower ( E lake) from me but it appears not all the frequencies are transmitting from that tower and instead are coming from the Tarpon tower which is further away. so some of the frequencies will not decode and others sound flawless. The system design is interesting at that.

The reason i ask is I was wondering if the Unidens do any better on the system but it appears not. I am using a radio shack 800 mhz rubber ducky, a professional motorola 800 mhz rubber ducky and the telescoping antenna. Surprisingly i get best results with the telescoping antenna.

tampatracker

That kinda helps my situation, i am using a pro-668 and the only way i can get great reception on this system is if i go out on my porch. The weird thing is i am only about 8 miles from the closest tower ( E lake) from me but it appears not all the frequencies are transmitting from that tower and instead are coming from the Tarpon tower which is further away. so some of the frequencies will not decode and others sound flawless. The system design is interesting at that.

The reason i ask is I was wondering if the Unidens do any better on the system but it appears not. I am using a radio shack 800 mhz rubber ducky, a professional motorola 800 mhz rubber ducky and the telescoping antenna. Surprisingly i get best results with the telescoping antenna.

Well, my Home Patrol 2 is a Uniden project and it gets the best reception. I used to live in one of the higher buildings here, and as you can imagine reception was awesome. I want to say however, that picking up non P25 systems from here (Hernando, Charlotte, even Desoto at times) does happen at times using the RS 800 duck from INSIDE my house. That's the 436 I'm talking about here, not so much with the 1088. On VHF Forestry from Lakeland is no problem, and occasionally Withlacoochee and Myacca as well. So what I'm saying is that for me it's location, location, location with P25. P.S. Sarasota P25 comes in more often than Pinellas, go figure.

sanman1960

I live in Land O Lakes off Collier Parkway north of 54 and monitor site 4. I found one place in my house, near the back wall at the top of the room near the ceiling. In that spot and that spot only I have crystal clear reception. My house faces southwest. I use a gre 500 scanner with a rs duck antenna. Nothing else and no where else do I have any reception. I used the strength meter on the scanner to find that spot and it shows about 50% on the bars.

tampatracker

I live in Land O Lakes off Collier Parkway north of 54 and monitor site 4. I found one place in my house, near the back wall at the top of the room near the ceiling. In that spot and that spot only I have crystal clear reception. My house faces southwest. I use a gre 500 scanner with a rs duck antenna. Nothing else and no where else do I have any reception. I used the strength meter on the scanner to find that spot and it shows about 50% on the bars.

Yes, that's" been my experience too. A couple of inches can make all the difference, especially on handhelds

Status
Not open for further replies.