Icom: Icom IC-2730ADLX

Status
Not open for further replies.

ermin

Hello All

About to replace my Icom 3230H that I bought used in 1993. Looking at the Icom IC-2730ADLX which is $324 with a $45 rebate from GigaParts. So my questions are;
Never purchased from GigaParts. Any concerns?
Any concerns with the Icom IC-2730ADLX

Ermin

cmdrwill

I have purchased lots of ham and other radios from GigaParts without any problems.
+++ 1 on my list.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
The GigaParts ad states that they include the remote head bracket. Not a problem tho. Concerned about GigaParts too. Never dealt with them.

Ermin
If you are looking for an analogue only radio, take a look at the TM-V71A. I own one and would not hesitate to buy another if i needed one.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
I've made several purchases from GigaParts, including a $3,000 HF radio. No problems. Very trouble-free service and quick shipment.

Last edited:

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
If you are looking for an analogue only radio, take a look at the TM-V71A. I own one and would not hesitate to buy another if i needed one.

I'll concur, the V71A is the clear winner especially if you are a heavy user of cross-band repeat.

I have a 2730A and while it's a good radio, the cross band repeat sucks. It won't allow you to use different tone squelch settings on both "sides", they have to be the SAME. Very annoying, especially if you want to use DCS on your crossband and the repeater you are wanting to access uses PL. It's also a multi-step menu process to turn it on and off. Your crossband side has to use the same PL/DPL as the other band or you won't key up the distant repeater. Stupid antiquated design Icom has been using for two decades on their implementation of VRS/crossband function.

That, and the fact you have to shell out for brackets (absurd) ruins and otherwise solid radio. The V71A, OTOH, gives you very easy to setup and flexible crossband repeat, very good performance, and you don't have to spend $34 extra for a stupid piece of sheet metal and four screws.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
I'll concur, the V71A is the clear winner especially if you are a heavy user of cross-band repeat.

I have a 2730A and while it's a good radio, the cross band repeat sucks. It won't allow you to use different tone squelch settings on both "sides", they have to be the SAME. Very annoying, especially if you want to use DCS on your crossband and the repeater you are wanting to access uses PL. It's also a multi-step menu process to turn it on and off. Your crossband side has to use the same PL/DPL as the other band or you won't key up the distant repeater. Stupid antiquated design Icom has been using for two decades on their implementation of VRS/crossband function.

That, and the fact you have to shell out for brackets (absurd) ruins and otherwise solid radio. The V71A, OTOH, gives you very easy to setup and flexible crossband repeat, very good performance, and you don't have to spend $34 extra for a stupid piece of sheet metal and four screws.

+1(Although you quoted me) everything MTS2000des said and more.

The Kenwood implementation of cross band repeat is much better implemented than Yaesu as well. You can do one way repeat, set up ID(do not like their implementation of it though) select 0 or 500msec hang time, and as MTS2000des stated the ability to run different PL/DPL on each side of the radio.

The radio is really simple to front panel program, like read the manual once and leave it at home simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.