Clayton County

Status
Not open for further replies.

RRR

Premium Subscriber
All TG's are NOT 100% encrypted there. Don't know if they default to clear or whatever in certain circumstances or on certain TG's, but there is still clear traffic to be heard on a scanner on their site.

Pull your scanner out for about 20 mins and listen, while most are enc, you will still hear several conversations in the clear.

I know, I have.

K4SVT

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
MCC7500 a very flexible console..why does that not surprise me..oh lets encrypt everything on the system....oh i will support special talkgroups but the casual use ones...you might want to rethink that..but they wont..oh well..scanning is fading away.

RRR

Premium Subscriber
No, seriously, I was over there not too long ago, had their system programmed in, and about every 5 or so mins, I heard voice traffic from L.E. TG's coming across, loud and clear, sometimes just a sentence or so, sometimes entire conversations.

That's not "100%"

I agree it is an "encrypted system" (Thanks streemers) by design, but it is not "100% encrypted" if you can still hear "in the clear" traffic on an off the shelf scanner on it sometimes.

K4SVT

Banned
I do believe you wasnt stating i didnt..

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
No, seriously, I was over there not too long ago, had their system programmed in, and about every 5 or so mins, I heard voice traffic from L.E. TG's coming across, loud and clear, sometimes just a sentence or so, sometimes entire conversations.

I'm not doubting you. I'm only relaying what the folks who actually run the system stated during the training class. It is THEIR system and they configured it the way they wanted it. They don't have OTAR so it's quite possible a few subscribers didn't get re-keyed during the last touch. It is reasonable to say that most of the traffic on the system is encrypted. I believe they have one FDMA channel and handful of talkgroups set aside for clear mode interop.

My statement is based upon what the operators of the system advised. YMMV.

MCC7500 a very flexible console..why does that not surprise me..oh lets encrypt everything on the system....oh i will support special talkgroups but the casual use ones...you might want to rethink that..but they wont..oh well..scanning is fading away.

And I'm sure you'll concur that we setup radio systems and maintain them for the sole benefit of their intended users, not the scanner community. Sucks, I know, but that is how we earn a living.

K4SVT

Banned
Yeah i know that...just stating that its going to slowly fade away..doing airports one by one and they have gotten off the clear list..oh well its the way that cookie crumbles..

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.