1088 Mulitisite Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

tampatracker

Let me fist say, this may show my ignorance of how multi site settings can affect single site reception on both EDACKS and Motorola / P25 systems. I remember reading in these forums this was discussed somewhere, but my search efforts have failed, so pardon me if it seems like I'm beating a dead horse, this is not my intention. Anyway I have created dummy sites in single site systems, both EDACKS and Motorola / P25 systems in order to access the high/low data decode thresholds. Okay, so I've experimented on these on various systems and certain combinations seem to get better reception than others. My question is is it my imagination or could different high/low levels really effect non digital, non multi site systems?

AggieCon

Premium Subscriber
At the risk of two dozen people jumping on me, I shall say: This has almost got to be imagination, and, if there is something to it, it's due to incredibly poor firmware. If there is only one site, the radio should spend its entire dwell cycle trying to decode it... However, if you have more than one control channel programmed, I could see how this might make a difference. But you should not have more than one control channel programmed. Perhaps this does affect how it rolls around to the next control channel. Perhaps we can get some official word. If there is something to it, no matter how you slice it, it is an oversight on the the Whislter side.

Someday I might test it out, but, if you follow Aggie's 1 site, 1 channel rule, I don't think it matters. Perhaps someone with two units can do a head to head comparison.

tampatracker

At the risk of two dozen people jumping on me, I shall say: This has almost got to be imagination, and, if there is something to it, it's due to incredibly poor firmware. If there is only one site, the radio should spend its entire dwell cycle trying to decode it... However, if you have more than one control channel programmed, I could see how this might make a difference. But you should not have more than one control channel programmed. Perhaps this does affect how it rolls around to the next control channel. Perhaps we can get some official word. If there is something to it, no matter how you slice it, it is an oversight on the the Whislter side.

Someday I might test it out, but, if you follow Aggie's 1 site, 1 channel rule, I don't think it matters. Perhaps someone with two units can do a head to head comparison.

Thanks for the info and pointing the right thread out.

Status
Not open for further replies.