Auto/Motorcycle Racing on SBCoF County 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

krazybob

Each summer my somewhat elaborate monitoring station picks up some kind of racing on San Bernardino County Fire Department County 2 frequency output of 159.120. I have spoken directly with the communications supervisor regarding this and even he does not know who this is. I hear it on multiple radios of different manufacture so I do not believe it to be intermod or an image. In fact, it is doubling with the repeater. I use Motorola, Vertex, and even Yaesu and I am hearing it on all three commercial radios as well as a Uniden scanner.

Can anyone tell me who I am listening to?

Thank you in advance.

krazybob

Thank you for moving my thread to a more sub-thread.

I think I may have located part of the answer to my own question. Apparently there is a race at Glen Helen Regional Park as a sanctioned County of San Bernardino's event. I'm not aware of any authorization for them to use County 2 159.120 simplex, which services this area. Especially since they're not monitoring before transmitting it may very easily cover up a unit with an emergency.

THURS MX PRACTICE | Glen Helen Raceway

techman210

I don't think it's Glen Helen. Sometimes they "rent" part of the neighboring EVOC course for special events, but since that entire training facility and jail is managed by the Sheriff's department, I doubt anyone would be using anything other than 800 MHz on the county side of the operation.

In the past, I did hear infrequent weekend use of what you are describing on CALFIRE Tac-13 (151.475 MHz) which is one of the inputs to a "County x" VHF fire repeater. I could only hear what sounded like an instructor - NOT from EVOC - and could never hear anything from anyone else.

Are you hearing it direct, or through a repeater? It could get into the system on 151.475 or one of the other inputs, and then be rebroadcast on 159.12 depending on how the system is patched. In that case, the dispatcher should be able to hear it, of course.

Kirk

DB Admin
Database Admin
I saw a frequency list from Rugged Radios (they sell many radios to offroad enthusiasts) a few years ago and it was full of unlicensed frequencies all over the band, including PS allocations. Wouldn't be surprised if it's this kind of thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.