• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

CM300 internal speaker

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC8OIG

Hello All we just receive our new pumper truck yesterday and transferred the Motorola CM300 over to it from the old one. The old set up had a external speaker hooked up thru the connector out the rear. We don't have that option on the new truck so we did not put the plug back in the radio. The problem is the internal speaker on the radio does not work. Before we take the radio part to see if the speaker is unhooked is this something controlled by the programming on the pins in the connector?
Thanks for your help

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
I think there is an internal jumper that connects the speaker to the audio amp. It may have been removed.

I ~think~ you can jumper the rear pins 15 and 16 to reconnect. Might be worth a try.
Pin 15 = Internal Speaker +
Pin 16 = External Speaker +

I the manual for the radio there is some mention of an internal jumper: Pin 15: Connected to internal speaker (+) and by internal jumper to pin 16.

If the internal jumper was removed to silence the speaker, then this may fix it. Or, like you suspect, someone may have just disconnected the internal speaker.

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
One thing you will notice when you do get your internal speaker jumpered on is that it sucks compared to an external speaker. You'll find out quick is has just enough audio for the typical base setup but not the loud environment of a work truck.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
One thing you will notice when you do get your internal speaker jumpered on is that it sucks compared to an external speaker. You'll find out quick is has just enough audio for the typical base setup but not the loud environment of a work truck.

I agree 100%. Inside an engine I'd want the larger speaker. Not only is it louder, I think it makes it much more intelligible.
I've got a CDM running in my F150 and I use an external speaker. Really makes a big difference.

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
The only way to disable the internal speaker on a CM300 is to remove the front panel and unplug it.

That's what I did with M1225's and SM mobiles but none of my PM400's were ever setup for an external speaker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KC8OIG

Thanks for the replies. If I remember right the plug that comes with the radio has a jumper on it for pin 15 and 16. I will see if I can find another plug and try that

Status
Not open for further replies.