• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

NX-5800 Gen1 GPS Send on PTT

Status
Not open for further replies.

nozzle75

Premium Subscriber
I've got a NX-5800 radio on Gen1 trunking that no matter what I do, I cannot get it to send GPS on PTT. It sends GPS to DataGate on the prescribed intervals (180s) just fine, but it will not send on PTT. I'm using Control Channel for the GPS Report Type. Any ideas?

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
Since I have this hang up on re-sizing photos, here you go.

Go to your trunk personality, personal features, click on GPS, scroll down to GPS ACK, in the box GPS combination, check voice, status, and if you care, Emergency. Done. Now you have PTT GPS in that personality. Do for each you want it in.

kd4efm Evans, sent using TapTALK on my HTC M9

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
Go to options feature 2, GPS/Bluetooth, tell me what you have checked.

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
What version are you running? Are you dash mount or remote, KCH-19 or 20.

If you have built-in GPS checked then you should have GPS PTT.
Do you see the gps bird in the display? Do you have GPS/Bluetooth Reset in your menu? (so you can send a reset)

Does Datagate show accurite gps info when you poll the radio?
Do you have GPS report to as Group or Unit?
Other than that, I know the GPS is checked and grayed out, so I think it is all good.

Only other thing I can do is look it over using teamviewer or photos.
I run gps hot and heavy on both the NXDN WW network (ham) and on our Florida FleetTalk system.

nozzle75

Premium Subscriber
1.7, KCH-20
Nope.
Yes on the bird. No, but will add.
Yes, it does provide accurate GPS on poll
GPS Report to Unit (Unit ID of DataGate server)

I'm open to Team Viewer if you have some time this week. Thanks!!

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
Run a terminal program like PuTTY and verify that you indeed are not sending GPS on ptt. I seem to recall I had this issue with Datagate before. I don't use datagate all that much, only for demo's, but I do have contact with them. Also put the program in debug mode, you should see the radios whenever it keys

Last edited:

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
You can also use another radio to see if it's transmitting GPS if you can't make adjustments to Datagate.

nozzle75

Premium Subscriber
As it turns out, the subscriber was sending GPS data. The console we were connecting to via IP connection was receiving the data perfectly, but the GPS header in the PTT is not present in the IP Connection. When I switched it to a control station at the console, I began getting GPS Data on PTT again. Thanks for all of the ideas.

phillmobile

dont send gps on ptt because it sends it at the begining of the transmission (no option to send at the end) so you miss the first second, so instead of getting "don't shoot!" you get "shoot!"

unless they fixed this while i was asleep

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
dont send gps on ptt because it sends it at the begining of the transmission (no option to send at the end) so you miss the first second, so instead of getting "don't shoot!" you get "shoot!"

unless they fixed this while i was asleep
In digital, it's interlaced in the packet stream. Moot issue unless you are referring to analog, then true, ptt ID as EOT always.
In NXDN trunking , when you key the mic for a channel, GPS is sent to the CC.

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
Conventional versus trunked. OK, I see your point.

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
im being asked to obtain your code plug, what version of firmware are in the nx-300's,
and why so close to each other ( your desensing the radio).

find my google email, drop me an email.
Thanks

Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.