HP Sentinel - has stopped working

Status
Not open for further replies.

phask

Premium Subscriber
Getting the generic Windows error - Sentinel has stopped working, windows is looking for a solution

HP1/2 Sentinel
Win 10
Rebooted PC
Tried run as admin
Uninstalled
Re-installed (new from Uniden)
same issue

any ideas?

Not super critical as can run from 1 other machine.

DSC45

Premium Subscriber
Last week I tried to update Sentinel Homepatrol & x36HP. Received an corupted file error message for both., Tried another laptop PC, same issue.

It must have been some problem with Uniden, corrected itself the next day.

phask

Premium Subscriber
Last week I tried to update Sentinel Homepatrol & x36HP. Received an corupted file error message for both., Tried another laptop PC, same issue.

It must have been some problem with Uniden, corrected itself the next day.

Not my issue - mine will not even start.

johnk9deputy

Premium Subscriber
well I tried to update my scanners and I got an error message and I am on a hard line cable modem and its working fine but cant get on to update the scanners

phask

Premium Subscriber
well I tried to update my scanners and I got an error message and I am on a hard line cable modem and its working fine but cant get on to update the scanners

You need to start a new post or request this gets moved - it has nothing to do with the thread. You will get better answers as well. (click the red tricange with the i in the upper right corner of your post and request )

FWIW - might be a permissions issue, modem restriction, router restriction of anti-virus issue.

tglendye

Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River
Premium Subscriber
Getting the generic Windows error - Sentinel has stopped working, windows is looking for a solution

HP1/2 Sentinel
Win 10
Rebooted PC
Tried run as admin
Uninstalled
Re-installed (new from Uniden)
same issue

any ideas?

Not super critical as can run from 1 other machine.

I have the exact same issue. It occurred last week, after I purchased the DMR upgrade. It ran fine for a day or two, but then stopped working. I am getting the same error message as you have documented. I also have Windows 10 and tried all of the same solutions. The only other thing I did was to uninstall Sentinel and download the former Sentinel (1.06?), but still received the same message.

Thanks for the link you provided. I'll look into that. BTW, I have another machine, as well. It's my kids 8.1 laptop... it still works.

AK4FD

Catawba County, NC — FF/EMT, COML, AUXC, Skywarn
Premium Subscriber
Try upgrading to the new Sentinel version that just came out yesterday (1.07.03, I believe)... Maybe it'll solve the issue... Just my .2¢ :)

Status
Not open for further replies.