BCD436HP/BCD536HP: dmr upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

I900D658

folks i would like to purchase the key for the dmr upgrade where can i get it and will you be able to download thru sentinel

W4ELL

Feed Provider
Curious..Any idea on what the full cost will end up being?
PM if you dont want to speculate openly..
Im already in for both my 436's..No regrets there..

I am totally guessing here but... if they follow the same pricing scheme as the Home Patrol Extreme Upgrade, the price will probably double to $100. I could be wrong... there is no official pricing announcement that I know of yet.

whooey

I am totally guessing here but... if they follow the same pricing scheme as the Home Patrol Extreme Upgrade, the price will probably double to $100. I could be wrong... there is no official pricing announcement that I know of yet.

Wow. I wonder if I could buy and just not install it yet....

W4ELL

Feed Provider
Wow. I wonder if I could buy and just not install it yet....

You have to already own the scanner in order to purchase the upgrade key. The process involves your serial number and ESN being entered in order for the key to be generated.

whooey

You have to already own the scanner in order to purchase the upgrade key. The process involves your serial number and ESN being entered in order for the key to be generated.

I have a BCD536HP. Kinda busy right now and don't have time/energy to tinker with it, but will eventually get around to installing it. Oh the joys of having a 4 and 7 year old and a full time job lol.

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
I have a BCD536HP. Kinda busy right now and don't have time/energy to tinker with it, but will eventually get around to installing it. Oh the joys of having a 4 and 7 year old and a full time job lol.

If you have a scanner already, you can make the purchase and then do the firmware upgrade down the road in a few weeks. As was mentioned, you need certain information from the scanner itself in order to make the purchase. I don't think there is a time limit on actually doing the upgrade after purchase, though.

whooey

If you have a scanner already, you can make the purchase and then do the firmware upgrade down the road in a few weeks. As was mentioned, you need certain information from the scanner itself in order to make the purchase. I don't think there is a time limit on actually doing the upgrade after purchase, though.

Thank you for the reply, much appreciated. :)

W4ELL

Feed Provider

Definitely, if you have the scanner and want the upgrade... buy it now! Once you have the key, you can enter the key into your scanner anytime.

Yeah,,a C-Note is about the range I was pondering..It covering 4 or 5 DMR variants n such..

Thats the reason I bumped both of my FOUR36's...

Early Birds get the Worms!....

n1riw

Premium Subscriber
Uniden DMR

I paid my 50 bucks and have a key...is the DMR update available to download? I don;t see it on my uniden page>

n1riw

Premium Subscriber
Uniden DMR

I followed the directions and have extracted two .bin files...now what?
Sentinel is showing version 1.7 but I don't see how to update the scanner
Yes reception can be excellent here especially during ducting periods

My sentinel is verison 1.7 (03) but shows firmware is updated
when I select settings/upgrade, all I see is provoice for choices
TC
Thanks

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.