Movie Production

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaFive

Somewhere in Asheville there is a movie production active today. On 464.4750, two PL's, 023 DPL, and 136.500 PL. The director is busy barking out orders. Something different...

ecps92

Your PL of 136.5 is likely a false hit.

DPL tones transmit a burst at the end that is close enough to 131.8 and 13.65 to trigger false readings, even to the point of causing a Repeater to Ker-chunk.

Somewhere in Asheville there is a movie production active today. On 464.4750, two PL's, 023 DPL, and 136.5 PL. The director is busy barking out orders. Something different...

Last edited:

AlphaFive

Right about that, the transmissions switch between the two, when you watch it, definitely some kind of reception issue. Pretty funny stuff this morning though, "Where is Mary in make up! Somebody get her down here! Ohh, there she is, okay". Haaa. Take care

ecps92

Go closer to the site, and you will find more channels.
Talk-Around, Catering, Transportation, Wardrobe, etc etc
Right about that, the transmissions switch between the two, when you watch it, definitely some kind of reception issue. Pretty funny stuff this morning though, "Where is Mary in make up! Somebody get her down here! Ohh, there she is, okay". Haaa. Take care

AlphaFive

Jah, if I had a little more interest I might. I generally stick to the Federal allocations, both exclusive and shared. The U.H.F. 460 - 470 block is a little annoying because of the abundance of civilian use, but hey, sometimes it turns out to be interesting.

AlphaFive

Alright, I have just learned something that I have overlooked by being careless. I pulled up the NTIA January 2016 allocation chart, just to double check that 464.4750 was a 'shared' block. I had never closely looked at that block, because obviously with all of the civilian use, it was shared. The 2016 chart has 460 to 470, as Fed exclusive, huhhhh? I did not understand this. I looked closer and carefully. I finally realized the Use Listing bar on the bottom is not the only bar. The graph has use bars placed in the center of the frequency blocks also... (light bulb comes on). Now I see an entirely new graph. So I am pointing out my blunder in hopes it helps out someone else who is trying to decipher the NTIA allocation chart.. Live and Learn

Status
Not open for further replies.