BCD436HP/BCD536HP: RR Database, Uniden Database, Sentinel, and programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm very new to programming my 436HP and had some difficulty learning my way around Sentinel the first time I used it. Well, more than that, but my skill level is now about on par with being able to fight my way out of a paper bag.

This morning, I noticed that the RR database had an update to it for something in my area and I wanted to write that into the radio to give it a listen. So, I opened Sentinel and updated the HPDB thinking these were one in the same. The updated HPDB didn't have it. It appears they are not. So, I was looking at importing and exporting. I got the RR information in CSV, fine, but Sentinel only wants HPE files for importation. I tried searching threads for taking things out of RR and bringing them into the 436, but after a few pages on general chatter, I couldn't find a thread or Wiki article that showed how to do it.

If someone knows how to move something new out of the RRDB and into a 436 Favorites List, can you please explain it to the dummy, or point out what he missed?

I exported a favorite listing from Sentinel started looking at HPE file content in Notepad++ and it seems to be compressed or compiled, nothing like a CSV. Now the whole prospect is starting to look like solving differential equations to me. :confused:

Thank you!

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Please be specific about what update (specific system, specific channels) in your area does not appear in HPDB. It is impossible to diagnose the root issue without that information.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
I'm very new to programming my 436HP and had some difficulty learning my way around Sentinel the first time I used it. Well, more than that, but my skill level is now about on par with being able to fight my way out of a paper bag.

This morning, I noticed that the RR database had an update to it for something in my area and I wanted to write that into the radio to give it a listen. So, I opened Sentinel and updated the HPDB thinking these were one in the same. The updated HPDB didn't have it. It appears they are not. So, I was looking at importing and exporting. I got the RR information in CSV, fine, but Sentinel only wants HPE files for importation. I tried searching threads for taking things out of RR and bringing them into the 436, but after a few pages on general chatter, I couldn't find a thread or Wiki article that showed how to do it.

If someone knows how to move something new out of the RRDB and into a 436 Favorites List, can you please explain it to the dummy, or point out what he missed?

I exported a favorite listing from Sentinel started looking at HPE file content in Notepad++ and it seems to be compressed or compiled, nothing like a CSV. Now the whole prospect is starting to look like solving differential equations to me. :confused:

Thank you!

Uniden pulls the info from RR on Sunday night, so if the update was after that it won't be in Sentinel.

Uniden pulls the info from RR on Sunday night, so if the update was after that it won't be in Sentinel.

Thank you, Kevin! Paul - this update just came out overnight. I think Kevin has addressed my issue. I wasn't aware that the update was weekly on Sunday nights. I'll be eagerly awaiting it for next Monday morning.

Thank you gentlemen!

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
Thank you, Kevin! Paul - this update just came out overnight. I think Kevin has addressed my issue. I wasn't aware that the update was weekly on Sunday nights. I'll be eagerly awaiting it for next Monday morning.

Thank you gentlemen!

You're welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.