Unknown Police Dept. 153.235 MHz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Analogrules

I am hearing an unknown PD on 153.235 MHz PL 82.5. They are coming in loud and clear here in Union County. Must be close. I just checked the FCC licenses and no PD is licensed to that frequency in NJ. I am going to be monitoring throughout the day.

Analogrules

Wow...thanks! They come in very strong. Sounds like they are closer to me than Palisades Park.

665_NJ

Scanner enthusiast
Premium Subscriber

There is a communications company know as Horizon Communications under
call sign WPOY784 Which is A PRIVATE CARRIER PROVIDING RADIO SERVICE TO PART 90 ELIGIBLE S. The have 3 VHF repeater pairs licensed as a VHF Trunked System. 153.2375 is one of the pairs they use. One of their FB8's is located in the heart of Palisades Park. Perhaps you are picking communications from them?

See license LINK.

Hope this helps!:cool:

motomeso

Premium Subscriber
He mentioned a PL tone of 82.5 which I don't think you'd decode if it was a voice channel of a trunked radio system.

665_NJ

Scanner enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
He mentioned a PL tone of 82.5 which I don't think you'd decode if it was a voice channel of a trunked radio system.

I realize that, they may be licensed for a trunk system but sometimes they will use a frequency pair as a standard repeater and thus 82.5 PL. The main reason I posted, they are located in Palisades Park and are licensed for stated frequency. You never know....

Status
Not open for further replies.