Hearing EMS in Queens on 153.710 MHz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Analogrules

The PL is 167.9

I am guessing it's a private company licensed under one of the radio rental companies. If anyone finds out more info, let me know.

ecps92

Analogrules

All I can say is that it's definitely EMS related and in Queens, NY. Very strange, which is why I posted it. I am hearing it clearly from NJ, so it's a fairly strong signal too.

RadioTowerMaster

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Since the Metro New York City area based private ambulance/ambulette service shakeout in the early nineties & the demise of CRB it's been pretty hard ascertaining any given frequency of these nationwide mega ambulance service conglomerates, the only survivor I'm aware of is Midwood who had a two Caddy fleet on Coney Island Avenue in Brooklyn, the only volley I believe who's actually gone from their side of the EMS fence is PVAC, some of the hospital based ambulances seem to have consolidated like New York Hospitals private contract "Empire State" & Columbia Presbyterian which I don't recall even having their own ambulances, I believe Booth Memorial is tied in with them in some kind of way. Is there any way you can record these transmissions & post them here or write down any hospitals they're transporting to along with dates & times? I know there are local buffs here who already know or can figure out who this is in like one day. Keep in touch.

Last edited:

Analogrules

Interesting.....I have some errands to run now but since I'm off from work tomorrow, I will give it another listen. Perhaps turn on the recorder and post on you tube and attach the link here. It must be a private ambulance service of some kind.......just an odd spot on the band for them. If anyone hears anything else before tomorrow, please post. Also, I found it in Discovery mode initially, so the frequency may slightly be off.

timekeeper

Hi all. I haven't monitored this frequency yet but, I'm in Belmar, NJ. So I'm not sure what you're monitoring. Could it be possible it maybe tropo-ducting. The Vhf band ducting has been off the charts in the last few day if not weeks. Just something to think about. Happy monitoring. God Bless and all the Best. 73's

RadioTowerMaster

Banned
Tropo? Maybe, maybe not but the OP lives in New Jersey & I'm very confident that he has intimate knowledge of the complex & not so ordinary layout of the Boro of Queens and it's unique addressing structure, time will tell.

timekeeper

Tropo, that's the ticket. Maybe. :-\ As I said before just something to think about girls & boys. I'll try to monitor that frequency for the next few days. But, you're right Queens does have a unique street layout. To be continued. 73's

Last edited:

Kb2Jpd

The PL is 167.9

I am guessing it's a private company licensed under one of the radio rental companies. If anyone finds out more info, let me know.

Do you have any nearby transmitters there? You might be listening to an image or mix ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KC2zZe

Chevra Hatzolah's H-Base attempting to crew up a rig from the LES chapter to take in a run all the way up at 475 Roosevelt Drive, apartment L1601, in Manhattan for the elderly sick.

Last edited:

RadioTowerMaster

Banned
Riiiiiiight u r

Chevra Hatzolah's H-Base attempting to crew up a rig from the LES chapter to take in a run all the way up at 475 Roosevelt Drive, apartment L1601, in Manhattan for the elderly sick.

An old head who used to work the NENA bus in Alphabet Town before it became Cabrini 179 told me they used to handle runs from areas around that building, a Google search confirmed that there actually is a Roosevelt Drive in the shadow of the real FDR Drive around Grand Street. Who knew? The 153.71 MHz frequency still seems to be a puzzle though.

Analogrules

Well, I submitted it to the DB as an additional Hatzolah EMS channel most likely licensed under a private radio rental company. This way there would at least be a record of it in the DB and then changes can always be made once we learn more.

timekeeper

Okay, so it doesn't appear to be tropo-ducting. It was worth a try. I monitored for a few days while commuting back & forth to Brooklyn from Belmar,NJ. I agree it sounds like Hotzolah. I get a great signal in NJ on my HT. A bit puzzling, yes. To be continued. Happy monitoring & have a great weekend. God Bless & all the Best. 73's

scannersnstuff

Ben, i can confirm it is Staten Island Hatzolah. that is the way they id'd the other night. interestingly enough, i had just snagged this fq. last week, on a trip to Mt. Mitchell scenic overlook.

Analogrules

Great PDF. I know I did also hear them in Queens and lower Manhattan too, but probably stationed in Staten Island. I am still waiting for the submission to go through to the DB. Hoping an admin can add it soon. However, they seem to be running without a license.

Status
Not open for further replies.