New Aurora P25 Patch Snafu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thayne

I thought I heard some difficulty being discussed on MetroNet between some agency and Aurora regarding a patch with Blue-SE during the Wells Fargo robbery.
I was half asleep but thought maybe Arapahoe or some other agency was wanting to help by using Blue-SE but Aurora either couldn't or wouldn't do it----

Anyone else have any info or maybe I was dreaming?

Thayne

I think that those Blue-Red Gold- groups were started When the "Network First" system was started By Denver & now I don't know if that is true or if it is a State DTRS group---??

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
I think that those Blue-Red Gold- groups were started When the "Network First" system was started By Denver & now I don't know if that is true or if it is a State DTRS group---??

What was Network First has largely been transitioned to a P25 standard interface. My understanding is that Denver is once again the central core for these connections.

It is supposed to work a lot better than the older gateways, but Aurora seemed to run into a bunch of troubles early on. In the first couple of months, no one besides dispatch could hear anyone from the other systems at all. This seems to have improved in the past couple of months. I would say that Aurora Fire Department's ability to talk to everyone else has never been better.

Can't really say the same for Aurora PD these days. It might have been a supervisor's call to stay on their own talkgroups so that people will not get lost. Aurora PD is not the only agency that dislikes talking to other agencies trying to help...

Thayne

Thx for the info; There will probably be a lot more going on to think about in the rest of the year---

Status
Not open for further replies.