Question about Ohio Marc IP systems and Sentinel

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbryant76

Getting familiar with Sentinel.

So I am in Hamilton County, Ohio. If I want to listen to say Delhi PD. I believe I need to go to Ohio --> Hamilton ---> County Systems --> Hamilton County Public Safety --> Suburban Police West Sector and then select Delhi PD (TG 183)

Appears to be quite simple, however i also notice Delhi PD is also under Ohio --> Hamilton --> Statewide -->Ohio Marcs-IP --> Hamilton County Law Enforcement --> Delhi Township Police (TGID 21201)

When I add the Marcs IP Delhi PD as a favorite, it wants to add the entire site list for Ohio..which doesn't make sense to scan all of those..maybe this is a bug? I know I can manually delete the 160 or so other site IDs..

Im still new to the talk groups, etc but it kind of makes sense...I don't know why Delhi Police has two talk groups though...is it because they are different systems, or maybe transitioning?

I just got the scanner last night..and its my first one.. I am able to get some dept..but haven't gotten a hit on the local PD/FD yet (not home at the moment).

Im sure i'll get the hang of it..but I need to make sure I'm adding the complete systems, etc.

davidjacobs2012

Premium Subscriber
That's a good question. First off, the first TG is the original system. The second TG is what Hamilton County and Cincinnati are switching to. The MARCS-IP channels are not active yet for Cincinnati and Hamilton County. I don't know when they will switch.

davidjacobs2012

Premium Subscriber

rbryant76

Anyone else experience issues with the software where it wants to add all sites vs just one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

davidjacobs2012

Premium Subscriber
Anyone else experience issues with the software where it wants to add all sites vs just one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There's no way around that (at least that I know of). You just have to delete all the ones you don't want

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

mdulrich

Feed Provider
There's no way around that (at least that I know of). You just have to delete all the ones you don't want

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Instead of deleting the ones you don't want, you can avoid them. That way they will still be there and can be easily re-enabled should your needs change or you travel around the area.

Mike

phask

Premium Subscriber
You can mark and delete or avoid them in "mass" as well.

I do it both ways - some favorite lists have 3 sites and 2 avoided - others have all (and location enabled), some have all and all avoided but 1.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
There are several ways of accomplishing something with the scanners. If it was me, and travel with the scanner is likely, I'd assign the local site(s) to one quick key and the "distant" sites to another. Turning them back on is a little easier that way.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
You don't need to delete or avoid them if you are using location control. Just put in your location. The scanner will only check the sites that meet the location/range criteria.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Is the Sentinel database going to be updated this week? The Hamilton County info was just submitted to RR since the last update (7/17) and they are switching now. Can't update my HP-2 to scan them.

phask

Premium Subscriber
Is the Sentinel database going to be updated this week? The Hamilton County info was just submitted to RR since the last update (7/17) and they are switching now. Can't update my HP-2 to scan them.

Mine's a 7/24 update - did not check to see if Hamilton updates are in it.

phask

Premium Subscriber
You don't need to delete or avoid them if you are using location control. Just put in your location. The scanner will only check the sites that meet the location/range criteria.

Issue with that is - in my area it will still load 15-20 sites, yet at most 4-5 are possible to receive. Not to mention the statewide mobile sites that are listed and only used for special events.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Issue with that is - in my area it will still load 15-20 sites, yet at most 4-5 are possible to receive. Not to mention the statewide mobile sites that are listed and only used for special events.
My issue with location scanning as well. It takes 30 seconds to scan the DB MARCS-IP system even with the lowest range setting.

rbryant76

You use the Home Patrol software versus the Sentinel version for the 436/536? (You have the orange shield version)?

I have both and both are updating to 7/24

Something has your stuck at that date.

Status
Not open for further replies.